One year shots changed my baby!!

Pulirula

Reaction score
Hey all. It’s been almost 2 weeks since my son got is year old vaccines. His behavior has changed so much! He gets these mood changes where He’s grumpy and moody abd doesn’t want anything at al except to cry and fuss. and doesn’t want to wake up when he’s sleeping. Yesterday he just decided he was done nursing and now just bites me. Ouch! I hope these shots wear off and he goes back to his normal happy self. I’m so scared that he’s screwed up now for life. He used to love nursing and for him to just say hey I’m done and bite and push my breast away is crazy. Sometimes he’s so happy and smiley. I just want my baby back.:( hope someone on here has been through this and can tell me it’s almost over.

Obviously there's not way of knowing for sure, but I would venture to guess that it's just a coincidence that this is occurring around the same time he had his vaccines. My baby suddenly stopped nursing around 13 months old and it was pretty sudden, one day he was nursing like his usual self and the next day he was screaming and pushing me away. I persevered for a few days but he clearly had decided no more boobs, so I stopped offering and he never asked to nurse again. It could just be that your LO is self-weaning off the boob. They also go through a growth spurt at a year old which can cause moodiness and longer sleeping. I loved that growth spurt as it was when both of my kids started to sleep through the night! Additionally, there is a period of separation anxiety that they go through around a year old which can greatly affect their mood. There's lots going on in his little brain right now, just ride it out and it'll pass.

Sometimes they can be a little off for a while after injections. And the age is a common time for a lot of these changes too :hugs:

Sending hugs lovely but like the other ladies have said.. this is just pure coincidence. 1- these jags do knock them off for a week or two sometimes
2- This is the same time as a huge growth and development spurt so the behaviour could be solely contributed to that also. They are becoming more independent and sure of themselves but they don't have the speech that goes along with this independence which can cause huge amounts of frustration and anger.

I think there is a lot of fear put out there regarding these injections but 99.9% of times the injections have nothing to do with any neurological problems (there is that .1% chance that in injection can cause issues but that goes with any injection/medicine/illness etc) and it is just pure bad timing that these injections are given at the same age as the usual "neurological regression" that can happen where some neurological conditions are concerned :hug:

The measles part of the jabs can take 7-10 days to start making them feel grotty. As others said he could also be self weaning, DD was pretty much 18 months to the day she decided no more boob, started biting like she’d forgotten to latch, then got upset and said no repeatedly if I tried to breastfeed her. Gave up after a few days, she definitely doesn’t miss them! It was only a couple of weeks ago it seemed like she’d never stop! How many teeth does he have? It seems to have coincided with her first set of molars coming right through as well

I wouldn't hope for your baby back. He is experiencing developmental changes because of his age, not because of the shots. These developmental changes cause kids to experience new ways of processing their world and it can be unsettling at first. He should settle down eventually, but kids grow and change and grumpiness can accompany that until they settle into their new world view. Could he also be sick?

Thank you everyone. He still pulls at my shirt to nurse and will find my nipple and suck for a second then latch on with his teeth and pull it. It’s not a super hard bite more like scraping. Either way it hurts lol. He does get super grumpy and cries a lot and I scrub his gums with his special toothbrush and he calms right down so I hope this is just some major teething! As for the growth spurt part some of you mentioned!!!!! He’s already twice the size of a one year old! He’s in 2T! He’s already a big boy. My daughter was always tiny tiny tiny so it’s weird that he’s so big lol. Thanks again everyone!

oh yeah teething could be a major major part. x

Hey all. It’s been almost 2 weeks since my son got is year old vaccines. His behavior has changed so much! He gets these mood changes where He’s grumpy and moody abd doesn’t want anything at al except to cry and fuss. and doesn’t want to wake up when he’s sleeping. Yesterday he just decided he was done nursing and now just bites me. Ouch! I hope these shots wear off and he goes back to his normal happy self. I’m so scared that he’s screwed up now for life. He used to love nursing and for him to just say hey I’m done and bite and push my breast away is crazy. Sometimes he’s so happy and smiley. I just want my baby back.:( hope someone on here has been through this and can tell me it’s almost over.

I have immunized all of my children, i just had my 6th by this was with my fifth my other children only had the normal cranky swollen leg slight fever, i do not do any immunizations until they're one year them i slowly catch them up, so when my son was 11 months we scheduled his apt to start, by this time he was starting to walk saying 10 words or so and a very happy go lucky lo, ther day of the shots i noticed him falling when attempting to walk, and just kinda out of it, but just figured he was wore out from crying, the next day he refused to walk and wasn't making eye contact, and this kept getting worse day by day until he wasn't walking talking or making eye contact at all, long story short, we took him to children's many times after tons of tests ther doctors finally have said the immunization caused this regression and that he can no longer get immunizations. Im not trying to scare you and I'm sorry if i did so, just want you to know what to look for especially if they changed him drastically! We have a plan to do them one at a time with my new little one once he's old enough. I am in no way against vaccines, i need every child's who can get them to get them to protect my son who cannot. But anytime i hear of children who "changed" after having them i try to tell my story so they at least know it's not always normal. Its very rare to get a doctor to say that it was caused by immunizations. My son has been in therapy of all kind since then and now is completely caught up happy and healthy, but i can't imagine what would've happened had i not put 2and 2 together and continued getting them. Don't kids bodies and brains do not react right to them i pray your lo is just grouchy from them and all is fine, i just wanted to let you know what to look for just in case, if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->