Only 4 pressies for OH :(

Discussion in 'Santa's Grotto' started by Elli21, Dec 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elli21

Elli21 Well-Known Member

This is the first xmas that OH and i have bought for eachother in 4 years.

And we had a limit of £50. We cant afford anymore than that.

Anyway,

Ive only got him 4 pressies for that and i feel a bit bad.

I got him a remington hair clipper set. (Hes been bugging me for it for months)
    £25

A set of like 20 razor tips for his mach3 that come with some moisturiser etc.
    £20

A goofy t-shirt
    £7

And chocolates!!
    £3

I feel bad, but i know all the pressies the kids and i got him he will love cos its things hes moaned about for ages...hence the boring top 2. And presents he'll find funny...the t shirt. And something he can eat that always goes down well.

Do i look stingy???

2. Tasha

Tasha 4kids+2angels+16mc

You dont look stingy at all hun, I think you got loads for £50 and he will love it all

3. Squidge

Squidge Mummy & WTT <3

Definitely not!

I'm a tight-arse, i haven't bought my OH anything :lol: but then again, he's bought me nothing either cos we're just too skint!

4. EstelSeren

EstelSeren Married Mum of 2!

You're not being stingy at all hon! :hugs: That's great for £50 and you know it's stuff he'll like. I bought my OH a book from Oxfam as one of his presents!! I know he'll enjoy it though and that's the main thing so I don't feel stingy at all. We don't have a lot of money and we're planning our wedding for April so I only spent about £30 on him (and that was technically more than I can afford as I'm out of work and don't get JSA!). I'm sure he'll be happy with what you got him and will appreciate the effort! :hugs:

Beca :wave:

5. Eoz

Eoz Mummy of 5! Eeek!

it's the though that counts babe.He will be happy with it xxx

6. Pyrrhic

Pyrrhic Well-Known Member

Its not stingy at all! You got him something he both needs and wants! :hugs:

He'll have something to open on Christmas morning, that is from you that you spent time picking for him. I'm sure he'll love it :)

7. polo_princess

polo_princess ♥ Brookes Mummy ♥

You did well for £50 hun. plus its stuff he actually wants, im sure he'd rather that than 20 presents of crap that'll get chucked in the cupboard

8. mommyof3co

mommyof3co Mommy of 4 amazing boys!

This is the first time in years me and my DH have bought for each other too, he got 4 things too :) But 4 things i know he'll love and that's what matters. Well I guess he'll have 5 things cause we all open pjs on Christmas Eve..but for Christmas morning 4 things.

9. nightkd

nightkd Mum to two!

That sounds like a balanced lot for £50!! :) I 'balanced' my DH's presents today by buying him a little something.....

(Was about to list what I got, then realised he can read this :dohh:)

I tend to go for something the person wants, something useful, something cool/unique that is a 'bonus' and something they can eat (though DH doesn't like sweets etc!) so that sounds like a perfect little bundle :)

xx

10. country_girl8

country_girl8 Well-Known Member

no thats what we've spent too....i got my OH
    a pair of jeans
    simpsons alarm clock
    2 jumpers
    rum truffles
    aftershave
    a pc game

most of which was in sales

11. MiissMuffet

MiissMuffet Well-Known Member

That's heaps! i havn't got mine anything coz i can't afford it but he knows this xx

12. Nic1107

Nic1107 Mommy to a toddler

All DH is getting from me this year is a shirt, an inexpensive tackle box for his fishing lures and a wallet; each gift cost about $10. The last couple of years I spent a couple hundred on him, but this year I don't have my own money anymore!

13. Linzi

Linzi Prodest mummy ever

I havent got my hubby an awful lot either, it was his birthday yesterday and got him an xbox (2nd hand, cheap or what) so wrapped up a few games that came in the bundle, got him some smellies, motorhead tshirt, xbox guitar controller and thats about it. We're trying to pay off debt atm & once we've done that we're gonna treat ourselves to a new telly (or at least try) so we didnt want to spend a fortune. I feel tight too but dont wanna bankrupt yourself. Its more about the kids anyway isnt it x

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.