only 6 weeks and have a noticable bump? 2nd Baby!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Alibeebs, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Alibeebs

Alibeebs Mother of 1

Hi everyone,

Im 6 weeks pregnant and I have a noticeable bump. Not massive but i look like i did when i was 12 weeks the first time, i cant close my trousers!

I know most of you will say its bloating and excess gas.... but its not, its there constantly and never changes, its hard like my bump was first time round.

Anyone else showing early??? could i be further along, my dates are just from LMP, not had docs appointment yet!

:thumbup:

xxxxxxx

2. buddyIV

buddyIV Well-Known Member

Congratulations!

I had to go and buy maternity jeans at 8 weeks this time round! My bump isn't huge, but combined with the 1st trimester bloat, I'm not at all comfortable in my normal jeans. Last time I was still wearing my size 10 skinny jeans at 20 weeks!

3. +tivethoughts

+tivethoughts Mummy to two little men

I was in mat jeans at 8 weeks too. I have such a noticeable bump that people have been guessing since at least a few weeks ago. Lol. Luckily I have announced it now, so no hiding it haha.

4. BubsMom17

BubsMom17 Officially Expecting #2!

This is baby #2, and I haven't been able to close my jeans since week 7. That's when I started with the rubber band trick, then the bella band, and today I actually broke out the mat pants or work! I told myself I would not wear mat clothes until 12 weeks! Finally made it! And yes, it looks like a bump. It's a little wobbly still, but it is a bump.

5. Dream.dream

Dream.dream SAHM to 2 beautiful boys

I was showing at 7 weeks with this one , and had a definite bump by 8 .

I'm now 10 and you can definatly tell I'm pregnant

6. Pearls18

Pearls18 Well-Known Member

The uterine 'shelf' isn't meant to pop out until 12 weeks, however I have noticed hardening already, so I wonder if with subsequent babies you can physically pop out sooner. I do have a lot of bloat too though lol.

7. BubsMom17

BubsMom17 Officially Expecting #2!

Subsequent pregnancies *tend* to pop out sooner. Your uterus never goes back down to the same size it was before you got pregnant, and it is more lax and can stretch and grow more easily. For people like me, who have permanent diastasis (separation of the ab muscles), there is nothing holding the bump back...

8. Pearls18

Pearls18 Well-Known Member

I'm just glad I have an excuse for my podge now, I can be in denial and pretend it's from the new baby ha :)

9. justhoping

justhoping Guest

its acutally really just bloat...it will settle into a real bump latter on....

been pregnant 4 times and with my last i looked 4 months pregnant at 6 weeks...i was so shocked...lOL

10. justhoping

justhoping Guest

that is not really true...my second pregnancy i was huge and my muscle split...i thought omg i will never be the same...well my pregnancy was that i was a stick...did not show till the 7 month at all...
    so you really really cant tell..then when i gave birth i was a rail lol

then the next pregnancy at 6 weeks i looked 4 months pregnant....(shakes head) people thought i was making this up....lol

11. xxema&bumpmjx

xxema&bumpmjx I love my family so much

This is my 3rd pregnancy an am 9weeks today an am massive when I collect my little girl from school I have to zip my coat up an even with my coat u can tell I've got a bump, am guessing my muscles in my stomach have never gone back to the way they originally were xx