only 6 weeks and terrible sickness :(

Mommabear29

Reaction score
I'm only 6 weeks pregnant but my nausea/sickness is terrible already even though I've been on anti sickness tablets since 4 weeks. I'm miserable and feeling guilty that I'm not enjoying this pregnancy one bit :( has anyone found anything that helps? I have 3 children to run around after and school runs with a sick bucket in tow are not fun :(

I felt the same way today, my DD was running around singing and I was laying in bed trying to keep the nausea away. I managed to take her out for lunch but I suffered all afternoon and all evening for it. And my doctor won't even see me because although my nausea is preventing me from eating and drinking properly, I am not vomiting. Although I feel like I am not far from it. And I can't see the midwife for another 2 and a half weeks. Feeling very alone.

Well done you for coping with three and a sick bucket!

Hey hun.
Im 6w today and have been on and off queasy for two weeks... last pg i had terrible ms from 7 weeks so this has thrown me because ut started early and also have a 2.5yo to run around after ... the last two days... (as if hitting exactly 6 weeks to the day) ive felt awful. I have run to the loo and expected to vomit but nothing so far... and i know its only gonna get worse

Ive figured out a couple things last pg that im going to start doing tomoro coz im already over it.

Firstly...
The meds from the doc..... but they work best after youve eaten .. take them with a meal and then hopefully it stays away.

When my tummY stays full it helps... but i can eat all day coz a)id end up the size of a house and b) who has the time with a toddler.

So...
-i keep a packet of buiscuts next to the bed.... u can get the ones that are like breakfast ones with fruit smooshed in the middle that only have natural sugars
The sugar helps but without being too unhealthy
Eat one the second u wake.. before anything even sitting up.

-Keep hydrated... but not plain water as the water blandness makes me queasy too... so i add some powerade drops... theyre like gatorade conce trate but no sugar with some electrolytes etc and it adds flavour and makes u feel less sick ... im sure cordial works but these seem to rock at it.

-Tea... i just like black but any variety u like can help sometimes...
Especially if u can convince hubby to make it lol

-snack as often as possible even if u dont feel like it coz it might not make u feel heaps better but it may keep the vomiting and really bad nausea away.

-avoid oily or fatty or spicy foods which can give u heart burn or make your tummy churn even worse.

-do stuff all when u get a chance.
Like dont feel bad for sitting and doing not much coz it does suck and sometimes putting your feet up does help.

Hope that gives u some ideas.
And i hope u feel better soon. X

I'm 8.5 weeks along and have had nonstop severe nausea and intermittent dry heaving and vomiting since the 5th week. It's been miserable. After I vomit is actually the only time I've gotten relief from the nausea in the last few weeks so honestly I don't mind that. The constant nausea is wearing on me though and I am hoping that it levels off and decreases soon.

I started losing weight and not being able to eat early on so I started taking doxylamine (unisom) and b-6 three times a day and that seems to help the most, they are available over the counter and are the active ingredients in diclegis which is the only pregnancy A category (the safest) medication for morning sickness. I only take tiny doses of the doxylamine when at work, like 6.25mg because it can cause sedation. I am going to ask my midwife about the diclegis at the 10 week appointment since it's the extended release form of doxylamine/b6 and I am curious if it causes less sedation, I hear its very expensive though and some insurances don't cover it.

I've also been doing acupuncture 2x a week and wearing sea bands during the day and both seem to help some.

I ate very healthy before the pregnancy and it's kinda gone to pot since the morning sickness started. I eat what I can and switched to prenatal gummy vitamins since they seem to cause less nausea but they don't have iron in them, occasionally the nausea subsides a bit at night and I can take the regular prenatals. Trying to eat more protein seems to decrease the nausea a bit.

No one enjoys nausea and vomiting so don't feel bad about not enjoying pregnancy given how sick you are. I was pretty upset when I started getting sick because no one else I knew was this sick but I realized everyone has their own experience of pregnancy and accepted this is how it is for me right now. Can your husband or someone else help you with some of the things that you usually do with the kids or around the house?

I hope we all feel better soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"