• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Only a sac

karaclarke93

Reaction score
So bit of a complicated one but I came off the implant end of November ttc, didn't have a period .kept taking pregnancy tests literally every other day , all negative . Got my first BFP 4 weeks ago after having all negatives before. Went for a scan today and they said I'm only 5 weeks (thinking I was around 7/8) so there's no heartbeat only just a sac . I'm going back next week for another scan but according to the dates i took my test (didn't have a last period to go on) is there a high chance I've miscarried ? All stories welcome !

Attachments

• IMG_0125.jpg
    IMG_0125.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0124.jpg
    IMG_0124.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 17
Measurement of sac? Looks big enough where it should have a visible yolk sac by now and fetal pole. If you got a bfp 4 weeks ago then I would say you probably have a blighted ovum. Sac also looks funky shaped. I would say if bfp was 4 weeks ago at earliest that's 7dpo so that would be "3 weeks pregnant" so you should be 7 weeks at least. I'm sorry :( when is your follow-up scan?

Did they see anything at all in it?

Tbh she didn't seem concerned at all she said loads of women get their dates wrong which I understand but if I had a BFP 4 weeks ago I couldn't only be 5 weeks gone . She said it looked normal to her but I know something is wrong because dates don't add up xc

Sorry Mis read what you said . She only said I can see the sac so it's too early to date you

For a five week scan it's totally normal to only see a sac. Unfortunately, it does sound like you should be further than five weeks if you got your BFP 4 weeks ago. Earliest you could get a BFP is about 3 weeks (one week post-conception), so if you're certain it was 4 weeks ago, I can't see how you're any earlier than 7 weeks (are you certain it was 4 weeks ago you tested?). At 6 weeks I'd still say it's possible to have just a sac but less likely. Whilst it could be possible at 7 weeks, it starts to get pretty unlikely. A blighted ovum is the most likely given your dates, but I hope it's not and everything turns out okay!

Was definately on the 20th January I tested positive . As soon as she said she thought I was 5 weeks at the most I knew it was over anyway but now have to wait til next week just to have it confirmed :(

I'm so sorry but I agree that this is most likely a blighted ovum. I have had 2, both times started bleeding at '10 weeks' and scans revealed just an empty sac with no yolk/fetal pole both times.
With you getting your BFP 4 weeks ago, you'd certainly expect to see more.
So sorry you're going through this xxxxx

Hi his,
Super late but just wanted to let you know I did mc
Thanks for all your advice at the time x

Thank you both !

Just found out I'm pregnant again- not getting my hopes up thought until my 12 week scan . 🤞🏼

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"