only found a 3mm fetul pole

becky77

mum & 3rd tri
Reaction score
ok i had my scan today i thought i was 10weeks but they can only find evidence of an early pregnancy with a 3mm fetul pole and no heartbeat, she said that it is not unusual not to see a heart beat at 6-7 weeks which is what the fetul pole measures.
so i now have to go back on the 30th oct to see if it has grown it should have doubled in size by then and they should find a heart beat.if not then i have had i miscarriage but no bleed.
am soo upset it is horrible not knowing anything ,just want to cry:cry:

does anyone know if they measure th fetus from conception or implantation, cos i did ovulate late and if it is taken from conception then 6-7 weeks is about right . oh i dont know any advice appreciated.

Oh hun :hugs: Haven't got any advice but I'm in a similar situation (didn't find a hb 2 wks ago so going back tomorrow) and know how horrible the wait is. Thinking of you xxx :hug:

I'm not sure when they measure it from hun. Did they take any blood tests to measure your hormone levels?
Must be horrible having to wait, I hope that they find the baby next week.

thanks girls , no they did not take any bloods so just have to wait and see.

Is there any way you could of got your dates mixed up hun
hope all goes well hun and keeping my fingers crossed for you :) X

well i did ovulate late a week late that month but dont know if that would put me 3 weeks out depends on implantation i guess.

The age of the developing baby is called the "gestational age." Since the exact date of conception is rarly known, the date of the mother's last period is often used to begin calculating when the baby is due. The normal due date is 40 weeks after the first day of the last menstrual period

Another way to calculate the pregnancy due date is from conception. Since ovulation and conception usually occur two weeks after the first day of the last menstrual period, the pregnancy due date is 38 weeks from conception.

Hope that helps. sounds like your not as far as you thought

Hun im sorry ive know idea but i hope and pray alls ok.....looking at some of the other posts in this thread it seems like it may be normal if you got your date mixed up....sending hugs xxxx

you poor thing, when did you get your bfp? thats usually 14 days after conception can you remember?
good luck! x

Hoping that all is well.

Best of luck with your next scan

Oh hunni, Im not much help atall but just wanted to say put your feet up, relax and dont think negative thaughts!
Good Luck
Xxx

Oh sweety.. I am really hopeing for you that the baby is ok. These things do happen though! And I will be thinking of you

Hun i dont have no advice but just saying im thinking of you!x

Aww hun.. I don't have much advice but know exactly what you're going through. The waiting is absolutely the worst. My fingers are crossed for you sweetie! :hugs: :hugs:

i got put back 3 weeks at my scan, and i was convinced i knew when i ovulated, pos ov test all the symptoms, but i thought i was 12.5 weeks so got put back to 9.5 but had i gone for an earlier scan would prob have been the same, i really hope this is what it is for you - good luck, try not to worry to much :hugs:

:hug:Good luck at your next scan, I am sure you will have just calculated your dates wrong! Lots of peeps do that x x x

:hugs:

I'm sure everything will be fine, your dates will probably just be put back. Try not to worry too much hun. (easier said than done I know!)

:hug:

I'm sure it will all be fine....will keep my fingers crossed for you! Keep us posted!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->