Only Four More Years...

tverb84

Reaction score
Yesterday I was looking through this book called The Impatient Woman's Guide to Getting Pregnant and it said if a woman wants to have three children that are two years a part she should start having them at 33. That gives me four years because I know I want two or three kids but haven't really thought about how many years I want in between them. I don't want it to be too soon and too far a part. I know I'm not ready for children yet and I want to go back to school next September (2015) for Early Childhood Education so I'll be almost 31 and 33 when I finish. I did the adding in my head so I think that's right. :haha: I don't want to wait until it's too late to have children. Sometimes I think that it'll never happen for me and I'm not even 30 yet. :wacko:

we want three children with a 2 year gap.we are 25 and 27 won't be waiting till 33i want to be done by 33 lol

Life doesn't always work out the way you want it unfortunately

Why 33? Lol. I've already had my first but I plan to be done by the time I'm 30. (if I stop at 3 ;) :haha:)

Why does it say you should start at 33? Or is it 33 is the latest you should start? You may find that you want to have smaller age gaps, once you start, or maybe you'll get triplets the first time :haha:.

I don't know why it's 33. I know I want to have children by the time I'm 35 which is in six years.

Never know what's gonna happen! I split with my ex in April 2010 and never thought i'd have a new partner and a baby 20 months later but that's exactly what happened :) I'd like to be done by 35 I think. I'm 30 in august, our second baby is due in September and we want one more after this one.

What age do you want your third baby?

Surely if you want 3 children 2 years apart you could just start anytime you like?

It is not something you can plan. We wanted a smaller age gap but I had a mc between my two so they are 3 years apart.

What age do you want your third baby?

I'd like to TTC fairly soon after this one is born in which case i'd be 'done' in a couple of years when i'm 32, if we conceive quickly of course and there are no other problems.

My mom had me when she was 18, then she had my sisters and there are three of us and we are all two years apart I dont think that "wait till youre 33" thing is true

What if you're not ready until you're 33?

If youre not ready until then, that's okay. Chances are its just not gonna be that three kids all two years apart thing

The only thing that would worry me is potential fertility issues... I wouldn't have thought waiting til early 30s would be too much of a problem for most couples but mid-late 30s or early 40s might be. The longer you wait to start TTC the less time there is to try and resolve any problems that may arise since fertility generally declines with age.

Ages between children was more important to me than age, and 2 years would be too small a gap for me. I've always known I wanted to be done with pregnancy etc by the time I was 30, thankfully life worked out that way, if it hadn't I think 35 would be my upper age limit but who knows. We can't decide if we want a third or not, if we do we've agreed we have to be pregnant by January 2016 so that baby is 1 by the time we are 30 so we are out the newborn stage lol, but that's only because we started in our early twenties so I wouldn't want to be starting all over again in my 30s too.

33 is a random age, especially as it still tips over the "advanced maternal age" cut off point.

I thought the "advanced" maternal age" was 35.

I thought the "advanced" maternal age" was 35.

Yeah so wouldn't that mean the last 2 children would be born after 35 if starting at 33? Not that I'm saying that's the end of the world but just seems an odd age if trying to find the "perfect" one, unless I misread and the children would be be born by 33.

She said have the first at 33 and the last child at 37.

It does seem weird to suggest people have their LO's when they are past the advanced maternal age cut off. Obviously a lot of people do have babies over 35 but there is an increased risk so it seems odd to suggest it. My friend was pregnant with her last LO at 34 but because she was due 2 months after her 35th birthday they treated her as if she was 35 and they made her feel quite bad about having her LO at that age. I'd have thought that if you're writing a book about the "ideal" time to have your children you'd tell them to aim (all things allowing) to be done by 35.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->