"Only Mommy!!!!"

Tiff

LIKE A BOSS
Reaction score
I know nothing with babies is an exact time frame, but at what age do they start really preferring Mom to anyone else? Claire's always been good with being passed around to other people, but the past few weeks she's only wanted me to hold her. She doesn't know enough yet to actually reach out her arms for me, but if I'm standing near where anyone else is holding her she leans and fights to get to where I am.

I'll admit, it's cute. :blush: I like that she loves me of course, and for the most part I don't mind it, but she's now starting to turn away from my OH and only want me during the evenings, when that is my time away from her. She'll cry and fuss and be angry until I take her from him and then she calms down and is all smiles. I don't want her to shun everyone else away, and I (personally) don't think it's healthy for her to only want me, no one else.

Not sure how to proceed with this? I do love holding her, and it's not something I don't want to do, I just need a break from her at times too... you know?

its just a faze that they go through Amelia went through it, it passes over quite fast. Its just basically your her security blanket and she knows your ther for her but eventually she will get through it.

Amanda was breastfed so it was around 6 months before she started wanting daddy at times. Mostly, she didn't want anything to do with me when we were out in public.

Jayden was breastfed but has been a mommy's boy so even until this day he mostly wants mommy. He's going on 6 in 3 weeks.

Chase is bottlefed and you can tell he's going to be a mommy's boy too as he mostly just wants me. Honestly, OH would love to do the evening feed and have Chase fall asleep in his arms, but that's one time I cannot give up. LOL

A phase but does get worse about 4-5months when they actually realise your gone etc. As jacob is very clingy because i used to be like "ok just sit on me :dohh:" Now it takes a while before he will go to anyone else unless i leave the room, My advice is try not to have her on you too much than you normally would, as later i regretted it so much and now i cant wash bottles if he isnt on my hip or holding my trouser leg (when in walker :dohh:) XxxX

Like Jacob Hannah got worse around 4 months and is still really bad but she's never turned away from Stan.....there were times when she'd prefer to be with me (lean over to get to me etc.) but she's never fussed when he's holding her.

Like Jacob Hannah got worse around 4 months and is still really bad but she's never turned away from Stan.....there were times when she'd prefer to be with me (lean over to get to me etc.) but she's never fussed when he's holding her.

That's what was kind of raising a red flag for me. I get that people whom she doesn't see daily she might turn away from, but I'll admit it bothers me that she'll turn away from my OH :cry: It totally breaks his heart, he misses her while he's at work all day and then when he gets home she's grouchy with him because she doesn't want him to hold her.

:cry: :cry:

sorry I meant to type more but got sidetracked....with Hannah I think it helps that Stan's home at least half the day because he has the option of working from home

I know all babies are different, it's just hard seeing him after she's fussed and turned away from him. :(

:hugs:

I think they get into a stage when they are just clingy for their mommies. I don't know really, since I don't have an OH maybe I'm not the best person to reply.

But even though Lola is and always has been an outgoing baby, she's always been quite clingy for me and it did get quite worse at around 4 months... but it's now much better, as when they start to be more mobile (crawling, sitting up, playing on their own).

Awww, Amy! You can always respond to my threads! Claire is 4 months on Sunday, maybe that is part of it too?

at the moment my little girl loves daddy and shuns anyone else, 4 months ago during her shy phase it was only me she wanted, am sure she will grow out of this

Is there something special your OH could do just with her ? Maybe bathtime or the before bed bottle (obv not if you're breastfeeding!) - just something special for the 2 of them. My OH works long hours and doesn't see much of the little one but they always do tummy time together in bed in the morning while I grab a shower. Might help distract her to have them do something special together ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->