• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

only pumped 15ml...

justkitty

First Time Mum
Reaction score
Total from both breasts in 30mins. It's my first time pumping. Is this normal and will it improve?

I only got that much when I first started too. Do you massage your boobs when you are pumping? That can help some too. My baby is 3 weeks today and I am still only pumping 1-2 oz each time :| I am hoping I will start producing more. Have you heard of fenugreek? It is a supplement that you can take to help make more milk.

Eating oats is meant to help. I've been eating porridge lately and noticed an increase although I don't know if its just coincidence. I'm getting an average of 100ml per pump and I pump approx. 8 times a day.

Do you still get LO to latch on? I BF for a little while most days too just to keep her in the habit and it helps with the supply.

It will increase with time. My LC told me that between 1am and 5 am is when your milk supply is highest. If you have the patience to wake up then. I get about 2-3 oz after a feed between that time. Around 6pm I'm lucky if I get 1/2 to an oz after a feed. I also started drinking Mothers Milk tea, taking fenugreek, drinking lots of water and oats. My LC has me pumping after every feed for 15 mins(although I usually last 7 minutes) This provides me with enough milk to store 1 bag and feed 1 oz after every feeding.

My LO is a slow/sleepy eater so I have to offer him an oz after each feeding. Which is why I pump after each feeding, plus trying to build a freezer stash. He was only getting 2.2 oz in about 50 minutes when he sleeps eats.

Ok, I'm almost ep-ing due to work commitments so my advice doesn't exactly help.

Yes, it will increase :flower: pump about 5-10 minutes after milk stops flowing to increase your supply. You could also hand express each side for a minute or two once it stops to get another letdown and then pump again -- if your pump has a letdown cycle, going through that again can help too. And plenty of compression and massage to really squeeze out all of the milk. Pump at the same time of day if you can. The signal to make more milk is an empty breast, so the best thing for your supply is to keep emptying the breast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"