Only yolk sac

@tgrich, I hesitate to post this, as I don't know if you're only looking for encouragement at this point, but this sounds like a situation I had in the fall that didn't have a happy ending. I apologize if this isn't what you want to read, so please ignore the rest of this if you don't want negative stories.

***********Warnings*******************
If you got a BFP on a HPT four weeks ago I think there's a good chance this is a blighted ovum. On a decent ultrasound machine a fetal pole should be visible no later than about 5+5. I had a blighted ovum in the fall in which only a gestational sac and yolk sac were visible at 7 weeks. They told me there was no chance it was viable, though my date were certain because it was IVF. I don't want to be discouraging, but in your shoes I would want a realistic picture of the possibilities. Anything is possible, but four weeks after a positive HPT it seems like something more should be visible. The good news is that blighted ovums (ova) are totally arbitrary and rarely recur, meaning the chances of a healthy pregnancy next time are very good. I will be sending you every good thought. I hope your next scan brings reassurances.

No I definitely want honest opinions and outcomes. I honestly have felt like it has been over since the scan but am trying to keep just a bit of hope until the scan. Hubby and I have 3 children already and decided we would be done trying for another if it didnt happen by july, so this is our last shot. I am very sad knowing the outcome is most likely negative but am grateful for the children I have been blessed with 3 on earth and 4 in heaven.

Please don't give up hope yet!

You could of just had a really early BFP and sometimes the baby hides in the wall making it hard to see!

I hope you have answers soon!

@tgrich - have you had a follow up ultrasound? Thinking good thoughts for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->