ooh, ooh, ooh forgot to tell you

Jo

I'm an old bag!
Reaction score
Last week I started a creche workers course run by Surestart

It is a 6 week course and the best thing is at the end of it you automatically get an interview to work for communicreche.

If I pass the interveiw my details will be put into the bank and this bit is fab, they text you to see if you can work in xyz creche at 123 time, if you can you work if you can't you don't

I think it is so ideal for me, I have 2 centres that are very near me and I can pick and choose when i want to work and the pay is not bad either

I'm so excited:happydance:

Congrats hun, that sounds great. xx

Thats sounds ace hun :)

I mean i think it is so good, because c'mon how many jobs can you get that you can pick and choose hours and still be there for kids before and after school?

The way I am planning it at the minute is to do three 3hr afternoons a week, then when Jack goes full time I can up them

I'm lucky as Ant is the main wage earner ( well he has to be I do frig all :rofl:) but even if I did a few hours a week it would pay for treats, days out etc...
and i wouldn't feel as guilty spending our (Ants) money on my girly nights out

:headspin: Thats fantastic!!!

That's great. Wish i could do something like that. Sounds really good xx

That sounds really good, will have to keep us updated on how it goes!

Also forgot to say ( old age setting in?)
after I have been there a while, if i pass the interview they will put you forward for NVQ's i already have a NVQ2 in childcare but would like to do it again as so much has changed
If I got the NVQ3 as well I could run my own creche setting, not just be a creche worker

I'm getting ahead of myself there thogh I just feel a bit giddy about it all :D

That sounds great. How did you get onto the course in the first place?

Well I don't know if you remember me telling you about our Local sure start centre

I used to take Jack for stay and play and stuff and he opened our local one and I was asked to be on the action commitee, It was discussed that the creche doesn't always have enough workers for the courses they run, and hey presto :lol:

I have done loads of little courses, Child behaviour, aromatherapy, basic beauty and now a longer beauty course

I'm sure you must have a centre local to you Helen, just pop in and it will tell you whats on and when, It is great for the kids to play and bbest of all everything thing is free :)
Sorry if rambly, its still quite early lol

*OMG Helen you are halfway already!!!!:hugs:*

Well I don't know if you remember me telling you about our Local sure start centre

I used to take Jack for stay and play and stuff and he opened our local one and I was asked to be on the action commitee, It was discussed that the creche doesn't always have enough workers for the courses they run, and hey presto :lol:

I have done loads of little courses, Child behaviour, aromatherapy, basic beauty and now a longer beauty course

I'm sure you must have a centre local to you Helen, just pop in and it will tell you whats on and when, It is great for the kids to play and bbest of all everything thing is free :)
Sorry if rambly, its still quite early lol

*OMG Helen you are halfway already!!!!:hugs:*

LOL! I know! How fast is it going?!

Yeah there's one just down the road. The job sounds perfect, you're so lucky. I think I'll try and get something similar when I can bear to leave baby number 3! (When he's 20 or something :dohh:)

:rofl: @ 20!!!
You would be fab doing something like that

Leaving them is the only bugbear, I think it is crazy to pay someone to look after your kids whilst you look after someone elses :lol:
doesn't make sense in my little head
Thank god for grandparents, my dad has said he will pick up the slack if I need him to

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->