ooh something's happening!

3011busyyear

Reaction score
had a bit of increased discharge today, but went to the toilet an hour ago and it was a lot more, quite liquidy but also stringy when i wipe with pink tinge and few spots of blood in there, it was pink tinge on tissue but quite red spots when i wiped-is this ok?. no more blood half an hour later, but still guey. think it could be my plug. also got a few period pains in my back and slightly at the bottom of my bump.

i know it could stay like this for ages but with 2 days until my due date i'm feeling very excited and letting myself think this could be it :happydance:

Sounds like your plug :)
Hope this is the start of things for you!

sounds like your plug if i was you id dtd tonight with your oh see if that really gets things going

I've had a fair bit of stringy egg white discharge over the course of a couple of weeks but nada blood tinged :/ mehhhh.

Yayyyy! Keep us posted!! Any contractions!?

Aargh! Yes contractions have hit, started about an hour after plug. 5mins apart from the off mainly in my back. Now moved a little to the front and closer to 4mins apart. Cmpletely unprepared for how strong and close together they are :wacko:
Paracetamol hasn't worked, warm bath didn't slow them but eased the pain a little when I could get comfy enough.
Called the hospital as I'm supposed to be having a home birth, but they said they don't have the staff available tonight, really annoyed and it's thrown everything I planned out the window. :cry:
Hubby gone for a lie down on the sofa, he really needs it but not sure how long I can cope solo. Got tens machine on now, quite effective but not sure what setting I should be on at this stage.

Ahhhh I am so excited for you !
I am having contractions about 4 mins apart too. Feeling them mainly in my back. How painful are yours?? I don't know what to look for? I mean they hurt, but they aren't making me gasp or anything. u??

Ahhhh I am so excited for you !
I am having contractions about 4 mins apart too. Feeling them mainly in my back. How painful are yours?? I don't know what to look for? I mean they hurt, but they aren't making me gasp or anything. u??

I might be a weakling but they are hurting way more than I thought they would. I have to stand up and walk a round a bit and i'm being quite vocal!
I'm on tens setting 5, if I get to setting 10 I'm heading to hospital.
Going to try my hypnobirthing cd an see if it calms me down any.

Ok soooo.... possibly stupid question... but.....

What in the world is a tens machine??

Ok soooo.... possibly stupid question... but.....

What in the world is a tens machine??

tens machine is a form of pain relief, not quite sure how it works but i know you can hire them and apparently they help during childbirth... sorry not much help ...

By the way have either of you had babies yert???

Update: lasted from 10pm to 8am, called the hospital who don't have the staff for a home birth, so we went in. 3cm, bulging waters but cervix still quite thick.
She gave me a sweep and cocodamol and we are now back home. Had loads of contractions after the sweep, every minute on the way to the car! Settled back to every 3-4mins now.
The labour ward was chocker, gutted not to be having a home birth, so much mote comfy at home, contractions in the car are horrible, I need to stand up.
Getting very tired as I can only sit upright, leaning or lying down is so painful.
Can feel an epidural coming on later :nope:

ahh lucky you hun, brill news :) send some labour dust my way when you get chance pls ;) lol

Update: lasted from 10pm to 8am, called the hospital who don't have the staff for a home birth, so we went in. 3cm, bulging waters but cervix still quite thick.
She gave me a sweep and cocodamol and we are now back home. Had loads of contractions after the sweep, every minute on the way to the car! Settled back to every 3-4mins now.
The labour ward was chocker, gutted not to be having a home birth, so much mote comfy at home, contractions in the car are horrible, I need to stand up.
Getting very tired as I can only sit upright, leaning or lying down is so painful.
Can feel an epidural coming on later :nope:

oh no does that mean there's absolutely no chance of a home birth now? :( aw hun :hugs:

oh no does that mean there's absolutely no chance of a home birth now? :( aw hun :hugs:[/QUOTE]

Looks unlikely :nope: she doesn't think it will be long until we go in again and they won't have a shift change until later tonight now.

Best of luck, hun, although it must be gutting about the home birth.

Least you'll be meeting your LO very, very soon! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->