oohh...i dont like it :-(

Pink_Tinks

Reaction score
okay so last night i made a hot water bottle to put on my knee (have had knee problems for years)

go sit in bed, roll my pj trouser leg up, and see that my ankle is swollen! take my sock off, and yep - unrecognisable foot!!
went into a major panic, OH thought it was hillarious! i know this can happen in later pregnancy, it just scared me.
i had been standing up doing ironing for about 30 mins, which im sure didnt help at all.

rested, elevated my feet with pillows and the swelling slowly went down and was all but gone this morning.

Im swollen again now :-( its only really on my left ankle and foot tho!
Is it normal for this to just suddenly happen?!

sorry if this is a stupid post, i just really dont react well to this kinda thing, it makes me worry so much :-(

i think some swelling can happen during pg, but whenever i have my mw appts, she always asks me if i have any swelling, so might be worth giving your mw a call to let her know and see what she says xx

I agree, I would call the MW and just let her know. Swelling can be a sign of pre eclampsia so they may want to check your urine and blood pressure to see if you're displaying any other signs of PE xx

It's wise to call the MW and let her know, but believe me swelling is very common. My feet haven't swollen for a while, but I woke up this morning with one enormous left foot (and one a-bit-less-swollen right foot) ;) It's a PITA and horrible to try and walk on so get your legs elevated again.

My MW came this morning for a routine app and I showed her the feet - she wasn't in anyway concerned as she said it's not just the stage of pregnancy but time of year too. My urine and BP are both fine, so all's good.

If you have a headache, disturbed vision and feel unwell in general then let your MW know this too :)

im totally fine apart from the fat foot lol.
Had MW yesterday and BP and urine was totally fine, can PE suddenly come on??

I've had swollen feet for the last couple of months - midwife knows about it and isnt at all worried

I have a permanently swollen right foot and my left goes up and down over the day. They've been like this for about 5 or 6 weeks now - since about 34ish weeks.

Swollen feet and ankles is really common in the last couple of months. If you've not got any other PE symptons then I wouldn't panic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->