ooof - is this lifting ok?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by TennisGal, Aug 25, 2009.

1. TennisGal

TennisGal Well-Known Member

Hi All,

I carried a clothes rail (plastic) covered in baby sleep suits to and from inside / outside today. Not far (few yards), but now am a bit worried it was a tad heavy.

It's only one of those plastic, light-weight rails...so maybe I am overreacting.

Any thoughts on lifting at 35w? It certainly wasn't enough for me to have to stop...maybe just more cumbersome than heavy?

Thanks, TG

2. GersPrincess

GersPrincess Mummy of 3, soon to be 4!

I'm probably not the best person to answer this, as yesterday I carried wooden chairs, smashed up a wooden table and took it all up the tip, lifted the lawn mower and mowed all the lawns, and trimmed all the trees.
    I am still lifting my 7 and 8 year olds too and they are pretty heavy!!

I think as long as you dont make a habit of it, dont do it for prolonged periods and stop if you feel any pain, the odd little bit of lifting wont harm you.

3. DizzyMoo

DizzyMoo Guest

I would say it sounded pretty ok to me hun :)

4. bex2602

bex2602 Well-Known Member

I would say unless you felt pain or strained whilst doing it you will be fine but i wouldnt make habit of it but if your body is used to do things prob wont make much difference!x

5. nfm3

nfm3 Well-Known Member

You'd know if it wasn't. You'd be contracting.

6. TennisGal

TennisGal Well-Known Member

thanks all - am not used to lifting, have been very lazy and very paranoid since becoming PG...so DH does all the lifting.

It feels ok, so I think I was just doing the para thing (again!)

Am getting anal about airing things, cleaning things and tidying - so I guess a little lifting is unavoidable