oowww my ribs

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by babynmee, Jan 31, 2011.

1. babynmee

babynmee Well-Known Member

well its official my lo is killing my ribs!!! all day lo has been kicking them and literally trying to stick a foot in there i think he/she thinks its a game.. lo keeps putting a foot there and then i try and shift lo away from ribs then lo tries to stick said foot right back in there..this is not fun for mommy babe not fun at all. gggrrrr

2. MissFox

MissFox Soon2BMomOf3

I've been having this problem since right around 27 weeks! OUCH! I grabbed my back massager that vibrates and stuck it right where my LOs foot was- she moved. I prety much have to carry that with me though. Sometimes it's fine and she isn't playing LETS WIGGLE MY TOES IN MOMMYS RIBS- others not so much.

3. rockabillymom

rockabillymom Punk Rock Mama of 2

I have this after ive been on my feet all day she will hook her little foot into my ribs. I usually have to hold whatever arm is closest to her foot over my head for some sort of relief. I havent had it in awhile though so hopefully no more playing footsie with my ribs.

4. welshmummy2be

welshmummy2be mummy of 2 (one angel) x

ah i know that game :) how many times can i kick mammy in the rib in one day lmao, my madam does it 24/7 all day everyday and when she's not she kicks so hard in the below area that i think she is actually going to stick her foot out lol x x

5. x Alanna x

x Alanna x Well-Known Member

haha what do they feel like?? ive never had any rib kicks before... guess my lil mans bein a good boy!! :D xx

6. welshmummy2be

welshmummy2be mummy of 2 (one angel) x

trust me you dont want to feel it either lol to me its like quick sharp shoting pains each time she kicks and if she decides to burry herself in them its like a dull prolonged pain which leaves me physically trying to push her down out of them lol x x

7. parkgirl

parkgirl Mom to Iris

My goodness, I know how you feel. OUCH! DH tries to talk to her and tell her to stop hurting mommy. I'm looking forward to her dropping a bit and moving off my ribs.

8. babynmee

babynmee Well-Known Member

lol atleast im not the only one playing this game (form of torture) with lo

9. maddog37

maddog37 Well-Known Member

Two words. Ice packs.

temporary relief but baby doesn't like cold feet! But now mine likes to stick 'em up there and kick my innards while I'm out of the house and can't do a thing about it. The bum's pushing up against the rib too; I'm sure strangers think I'm weird pushing down on my bump in public.

10. kazharry

kazharry Well-Known Member

Same here, midwife said legs and arms are at the right hand side and I have broken a rib there so not helping!!

11. mrsrobin

mrsrobin Well-Known Member

oh i know how that feels. I have had this pain since the third month i guess and it has been growing and getting worse as my boy is growing. I even went to a physiotherapist to do something about it and she placed a supporting band around the rib but did not help much. The pain is so bad that my MW thinks there could even be a minor fracture. I have tried almost everything to help it but nothing works. Now cannot even sleep at night. Sitting for long is impossible anyway and that has affected my work so much. It is terrible. :(