Open cervix only at ovulation?

dinosaur2010

Reaction score
Tmi alert but I've been noticing after we dtd at none O times, DH's sperm leaks out a bit, but on the day before and of O, it seems to shoot straight up and stays in and quite far up- I'm assuming this is because my cervix is open. So I'm just wondering that even though sperm is said to live for up to 7 days- if the cervix is closed it'll all come out and won't even get into Fallopian tubes anyway? Is this right?

Tmi alert but I've been noticing after we dtd at none O times, DH's sperm leaks out a bit, but on the day before and of O, it seems to shoot straight up and stays in and quite far up- I'm assuming this is because my cervix is open. So I'm just wondering that even though sperm is said to live for up to 7 days- if the cervix is closed it'll all come out and won't even get into Fallopian tubes anyway? Is this right?

Because of gravity (what goes up must come down) Dh sperm will naturally come out especially if you stand up. I lay down with my butt propped up afterwards but some still leaks out. I don't think you need to worry because there are two parts to a mans sperm there is the sperm and the seminal fluid. The seminal fluid is the more liquidy stuff and there is no where for it to go. The sperm are the swimmers and they are the ones headed for your Fallopian tubes. If your cervix is closed you are right the sperm will not be able to make it to your fallopian tubes. The cervix only opens at ovulation time usually about 5 days before ovulation and the day or two after ovulation(it varies for everyone). There is a way to check if your cervix is open; try to google how to check cervix position.

Just came looking for this thread as wondering the same thing again now ttc our third.
Turns out when I wrote this I was actually preggo with number 2!
So when we dtd a few days ago some semen leaked out straight away! But last night everything felt more open and all the semen went right inside with no leakage. So I guess this means my cervix was open and welcoming the sperm in! Haha

Wanting to learn more about this. How do you check your cervix? And when do you do it? What does it tell you?

Oh I don't check it! The thought of putting my own finger in my vag kind of grosses me out lol! I'm just purely going with how the semen acts after sex-
So on the days leading up to O there was leakage right after DH pulled out, but on the night I'm sure was my O time, every last drop went in there and stayed there till morning! It's as if everything was much more open inside!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->