Open Uni results - confused!

louandivy

Reaction score
So I always thought you needed to get over 85 in both the exam and the continuous assessment to get a distinction - I just got my module results back and I got 82 in the exam (yay!) and my continuous assessment score is 81...but I have been awarded a distinction! Sooo happy but slightly confused, it says that sometimes the board use their own disrection to decide on the overall result but I don't really understand how or why?!

Hope anyone else who is getting results is happy! I just got back from a week residential course for a group project as well, such a good end to a fun but exhausting week!

Yes they often choose to do this from what I've read on forums, it's not a mistake. Well done!!!

Ahhhhh god I didn't know that, what a relief! Why would they change the threshold though? Because the exam is particularly hard or something? Weird!

You did your exam before me didn't you? Hope your results went well too!

I don't even know, I think they just look overall and decide on the overall quality and effort. It can go the other way too though! Yeah it went fine thanks. Got capped ten percent cos I wrote too much, but it was only level one so at least I know for next time. Which level modules are you up to now?

Oh godddd they can? How scary! Ah well done, you are probably the only person who ever got capped in an exam for writing too much :haha:

So now I've completed 1 60 credit level one, 1 60 credit level 2 and I just came home from a 15 credit residential course. I'm doing 90 credits in October and then starting another 60 in January so I hope I will be done in 2 years, but we will see!

How far are you into yours now?

Well done Lou :happydance:

Ive heard of a few people getting bumped from a grade 3 to a grade 2 (myself included) but never to a distinction! You must have really impressed them..

Was it the psychology project course?

Oh godddd they can? How scary! Ah well done, you are probably the only person who ever got capped in an exam for writing too much :haha:

So now I've completed 1 60 credit level one, 1 60 credit level 2 and I just came home from a 15 credit residential course. I'm doing 90 credits in October and then starting another 60 in January so I hope I will be done in 2 years, but we will see!

They put a suggested word limit, and apparently you're meant to stick to it?! :dohh:

Ah okay, are you doing only the one level one module and making up the rest with two and three? I've done 120 credits at level one so far this year, and in September I start two 60 credit level two courses. Just trying to do it as normal uni really, and hopefully be finished by the time I'm 24. Wow that's old!

Well done Lou :happydance:

Ive heard of a few people getting bumped from a grade 3 to a grade 2 (myself included) but never to a distinction! You must have really impressed them..

Was it the psychology project course?

Thanks Steph! No the distinction was for the DSE212 module, I have just got home from the project course though! Did you ever do the residential? I can't believe I'm saying this but it actually ended up being so fun!

They put a suggested word limit, and apparently you're meant to stick to it?! :dohh:

Ah okay, are you doing only the one level one module and making up the rest with two and three? I've done 120 credits at level one so far this year, and in September I start two 60 credit level two courses. Just trying to do it as normal uni really, and hopefully be finished by the time I'm 24. Wow that's old!

Ahhh I won't be graduated till i'm 26 it could be worse! I don't really know how I'm doing it haha I'm just kinda figuring it out as I go along, my 60 credit in October is level 2 and the January one is level 3 so I might make up the level ones with 30 credit modules or something, probably better to go the way you are doing it though!

Are you doing an Open degree?

Yep! But will be almost entirely Theology/Philosophy, they just didn't have that offered. Just as that's the area I'll go in to IF I do eventually decide to teach. How about you?

Nooo mine is just a psychology degree, but one of the girls in my group project at the residential I just attended actually studied Theology at Oxford and it sounded soo interesting so I am slightly jealous! Are there any residential options for your course? I can't imagine how we would have gotten our project together online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->