Operation Soften Cervix

TMonster

Reaction score
Since I would prefer to go into labor naturally and avoid induction and my cervix seems to be super stubborn I am going to try what I can to get my body ready for labor.

Sex is too painful but I can still have orgasms so 2-3 orgasms a day.

1-2 whole pineapples a day including core

Bouncing on my ball for at least 1 hour a day

Walking twice a day for a minimum of 30 min

20 squats

4-5 double cups (2 bags) of RLT

So far I have walked, bounced on my ball, had one orgasm and drank 4 double cups of RLT. I just threw a pineapple in my blender and I just threw it into the freezer for a few to get cold. That and squats left for tonight.

BTW... I love my pineapple tool!

I might have blended it on too high a setting. I used the whole fruit juice setting and it foamed up quite a bit. I am going to experiment with different settings.

1 pineapple filled 1 16oz cup.

Getting it to drink now.

Attachments

• Pineapple2.jpg
    Pineapple2.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Pineapple1.jpg
    Pineapple1.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Pineapple3.jpg
    Pineapple3.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 6
That is the coolest pineapple cutter ever!!!! I'm in the same boat, my cervix is soft but induction talk is starting. I'm doing ball, orgasms, maybe sex and walking. Also crawling around and cleaning on all 4s lol. I've had 5 orgasms already, scrubbed my kitchen grout, ill go for a walk in the morning. Good luck!!!!!

you can also try inserting EPo capsules next to your cervix at night along with takin them if your not already , they are supposed to help . Good luck

I've been worried about the safety of stuff like EPO and castor oil although I think EPO is pretty safe. I haven't researched it.

Maybe TMI but do you know if it leaves a greasy discharge?

My midwife said epo was fine as it's not to induce. I normally use it to help my skin as I have bad eczema so all it really does is 'moisturise' your skin which could work to soften things. It's not like castor oil which people take to irritate their bowels and then, in turn, irritate their uterus. Xx

I've been worried about the safety of stuff like EPO and castor oil although I think EPO is pretty safe. I haven't researched it.

Maybe TMI but do you know if it leaves a greasy discharge?

Take it orally! I have been taking it in the run up to my induction to soften my cervix and whether or not it was the EPO I don't know, but I had a sweep yesterday and my cervix was favourable, 1cm dilated, soft and stretchy! I've taken 3 caps a day for about 2 weeks now.

(I tried inserting it, it dissolved completely within 1.5 hrs and although there is a little oil there, that's good for perianal massage - 2 birds with one stone!)

EPO is completely different to castor oil, in its effects on the body anyway. EPO is recommended here in the UK by many midwives as it is an essential fatty acid which is also rich in gamma linolenic which stimulates hormones to produce prostaglandins, which is of course the hormone which ripens the cervix. But they cannot say it is safe to use in pregnancy, as they cannot complete a clinical trial on pregnant women.

About 2 hours before my waters went with my daughter I'd walked up 100+ steps going home (I lived on a very big hill) maybe try walking up and down the stairs 20 times lol

I really love what you've done with the pineapple! I have a fear of cutting pinapple :blush: :haha:

The pineapple juice was actually really good. It was extremely thick but I think thats because the core was in it and so fibrous. It wasn't bad, just not quite what I expected.
On the plus side because there was so much fiber it wasn't particularly acidic like what I expected.

Normally eating raw pineapple will make my mouth tingle a bit but this didn't do it at all. My stomach didn't ache or anything. I couldn't quite chug it like I planned on due to the texture but I used a straw and it was really good.

I suppose I could add some water next time to thin it out but I don't really see the need since I didn't mind it. I could also probably strain it but again, no need.

As far as cutting the pineapple goes... https://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Pi...JHC/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1381392377&sr=8-4&

That tool is awesome. You can get similar tools for half the price on amazon, that just happens to be the one that I have. It is completely effortless. Cut the top off the pineapple, center the tool over the core and spin like a corkscrew. Once it stops you can just pull it out.

Just an update. After doing all that stuff yesterday, especially after drinking the pineapple I started having BH contractions and cramping. Nothing painful but much more frequently than before. I had that throughout the night and into the morning. I had another orgasm last night and one this morning and I am having my first cup of RLT now. I also lost a bit of plug today and my nipples started leaking colostrum like crazy. There were drops of it before but I mean tiny little drops, now its turned into quite a bit of leaking.

Of course it could all be coincidental but I am continuing and seeing where it will lead.

Will update with any more changes.

Goodness you're ambitious LOL...I have walked and been on the ball, I get a lot of cramping on the ball so I spend more time doing that as it feels like it's doing more than the walking is. I am at 80% effaced from doing figure 8 motions on the ball! Just wish my body would fall over that edge of labor and get it over with! Good luck I hope you're successful!

Im also on project cervix ripen iv got until next fri im epo like mad i dont hav a birth ball so unfortunatly cant use tht but hav orgasmd fair few times recently and had sex few times im gunna try some clary sage in the bath tonight it did nothing for dd2 but i love the smell so its a win win situation x

I've got that pineapple cutter too, love it!! Makes it so easy. And I want your blender!! Lol.

Since I won't get a cervix check until I'm in labour, or at least getting a sweep, I have no idea how favourable my cervix is. My plan so far:

6 RLT capsules a day - started 2 weeks ago
1-2 EPO capsules inserted at night - started this nearly 3 weeks ago
3 EPO orally - started this 4 weeks ago
Clary sage oil in the bath
Bouncing on my ball for a minimum of 2 hours a day (I tend to do it while watching tv after dinner)

Dinner tonight will be a hot curry and pineapple for dessert. A whole one if I can manage it. Really not feeling sex much at the moment due to hip pain and backache. Think that's what's prevented me from hitting the big O recently.

Any other tricks ladies?

I am considering an acupressure massage but it makes me nervous. I may hold off on that for a bit until I get really desperate.

I've been getting OH to massage my pressure points to stimulate things but all it seems to do is make my nipples leak!! Keep trying nipple stimulation too, that brings on BHs.

I'm tempted to book in for acupuncture.

My oh checked my cervix today he said it felt like pursed lips and he could have fit one finger up there and was stretchy baby feels really low and we dtd and he put my epo up for me and im really crampy now bath was lush though x

A girl I work with SWEARS that she went into labor the morning after getting a pedicure. Said her sister told her there's some pressure point on your foot that's supposed to stimulate contractions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->