Opinions...call Dr or go to L&D

Soon2be2

Reaction score
Okay mommies so I have a question. With my first daughter I never had braxton hicks and the only contractions I had were when I was induced so I'm not 100% sure what they feel like. But here's my question..

So about 45 mins agi me and my OH had intercourse...I noticed afterwards that I was bleeding...some bright red spots but mostly a dark pink colour. I thought nothing of it as it has happened before. But now I am noticing that I am having tightenings across my entire stomach. Not sure if they are contractions or braxton hicks but I am extremely uncomfortable. My question...should I call my Dr and see if she can get me in or go to L&D?

I would call but a little spotting after sex is normal as well as contractions, I never had bh either with my first either, your body just knows what to do better this time around, but if it persists esp after maybe laying down with your feet up and drinking a couple glasses of water then I'd go in/call

I never had BH with my first, my first contraction was labor. BUT with my second....oh man, the braxton hicks started between 35-36 weeks and lasted until she was induced, on her due date!

It was a month of hell, honestly. I spent every single evening before bed timing them and feeling uncomfortable for it to be nothing. If you have a smart phone, you should get a contraction timer app to see if they turn into anything. My son was 20 months when my DD was born and I heard that BHs are common in women who have children close together.

I would definitely call. With my newborn I had bleeding in the morning (we had intercorse the night before) I then went in for monitoring as I started getting slight pains. This was 1pm. By 4pm I was being gowned and consenting for an emergency cesarean. You can never be too careful.

I meant to add that I'd wish I had go in sooner as is been getting string Braxton hicks. I didn't have chance to have any steroid shots and my little one was born 5 weeks early and struggled with her breathing so spent 12 days in special care. She is fine now but would not wish that on anyone. It's better to get checked out sooner rather than later

Well just got back from L&D and they successfully stopped labour. Baby seems to be a little bit smaller then wanted and my Dr wants me to try and be the least active I can so after next sunday I will be on active labour watch.

So glad they managed to stop labour. Fingers crossed your baby stays out until at least 37 weeks x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->