Opinions /help please! Uti symptoms?

SaraSmiles13

Reaction score
Ok ladies, I have been having this weird symptom for about a month now. After I go to the bathroom, I have this odd feeling right at the end of my urethra. It's like a twinge and isn't constant but it feels like I have to pee even though I just did. I told my doc and they did a urinalysis which was negative. Doc said that it could just be how my body handles the changes of pregnancy. A week later this feeling got a little worse so I went back into the doctor. Another urinalysis came back negative but they sent this sample out for a culture which did come back positive for ecoli. I was given a prescription for antibiotics but the symptoms didn't go away. Another culture was done after I finished the first round of meds and again the urinalysis was negative but the culture still showed some ecoli bacteria so I was given a new antibiotic to try. After that round I was still having the same feeling in my urethra so another prescription was given to me for a third round of antibiotics while I waited for the culture results. Again this third time, the urinalysis came back clean. Today I finally got the results of the culture and they said the ecoli was gone but that they're is just a low concentration of other bacteria in my urine. She said it's what they'd expect to find but that they'd monitor it throughout my pregnancy ? She said that if I get any pelvic pain or back pain to let them know and they'd do another culture. I mentioned that I'm still having this weird feeling /twinge in my urethra and she had no idea why because the ecoli is gone. She told me to finish this round of antibiotics and then if symptoms don't improve they would do another culture.

Has anyone had or heard of anything like this? Any insight would be appreciated! I go into the doctor again on Tuesday but I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced anything similar. I am 12 weeks pregnant. Thank you and sorry for the novel!

I'm sorry, I don't have any answers.. I just didn't want to read and run. I hope you get answers or at least relief soon! If not if get a second opinion

Still having that weird twinge in my urethra. Seems to happen more right after I void my bladder and then dissipates as my bladder fills up again over the next few hours. I've never had this symptom before, even when I had uti's before pregnancy. It's not painful but annoying for sur. I'm going to talk to my doc about it tomorrow tho and see what she think. I think it's odd that this symptom is continuing even after my urine culture showed that the antibiotics had worked and cleared the bacteri...

I'm very sympathetic to this! I've had UTI issues for a long time. Just got through a round of antibiotics for a bladder infection. I also find that this twinge comes and goes. Sometimes it's because my pants are too tight. If your urinalysis is clear and you don't feel the constant pressure on your bladder, then you could try some cranberry juice. I use the pure-non sweetened kind that you find in the health section. I think it keep everything down there nice and acidy. Hope this resolves for you quickly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->