Opinions Moby Wrap [Change my mind - a Woven Wrap?]

katerdid

Momma
Reaction score
I really really want a Elleroo wrap or a Girasol wrap, but my hubby can't justify spending that much on a carrier :cry:

Anywho, I was thinking about settling for a Moby wrap? They are half the price and probably not as fantastic as handcrafted beautiful ones, but are they decent?

Any opinions/experiences are appreciated. :flower:

I bought one while pregnant and loved it so much that my husband bought another for himself when LO was about 5 weeks old. They are amazing! Completely take the weight of baby off your shoulders/arms and they're so snuggly as well! My husband's isn't a Moby btw, just a cheap eBay version, and it's just as good. If you're after a pretty design I'd check out Victoria Sling Lady, although I haven't personally tried her wraps.

i loved the moby wrap, but couldn't use it past 7 months or so as bella became too heavy with it being stretchy (she was about 16lb at the time).

it was great for us as we used it constantly until then & i'm looking forward to using it again when #2 arrives.

the moby is a great carrier, but does have a limited lifetime being a stretchy wrap.

xx

Have you tried getting a 2nd hand woven wrap? Naturalmamas forum have loads for sale.

Have you tried getting a 2nd hand woven wrap? Naturalmamas forum have loads for sale.
Isn't that website UK based though? Don't think I'd want to pay postage overseas..

i loved the moby wrap, but couldn't use it past 7 months or so as bella became too heavy with it being stretchy (she was about 16lb at the time).

Aw shoot. My 2 month old is 12lbs now (proper little preemie chunk!) so I guess this means stretchy wraps are out of the question? I want it to last til he's a toddler.

Any suggestions on a woven wrap under $50?

Natural Mamas is UK based, but The Baby Wearer is an American site, and has a for sale or trade section. Worth a look, although I think most wovens will be going for more than $50. Bear in mind that they do tend to have good resale value though, so you could make most or all of your money back when you're done.

Thanks!

I've just had a gander at The Baby Wearer and am so bummed that they are so darn expensive. I would buy a BBslen in a heartbeat, but my husband says we will NOT spend more than $50 on a nonessential item. This coming from the man who just spent $80 on video games and movies...:nope:
I'll have to keep looking I guess.

I bought a Gypsy Mama Bali Breeze second hand for £40 posted. It's a sort of hybrid wrap. It's gauze, but I can carry my 30lb toddler for half an hour or so on my back with it. Calin Bleu are another company that make gauze wraps. They're very cool, although can be 'diggy' with a bigger child. To be honest, I think I'd be discussing it further with my OH. He won't make money back on his computer games, and a decent wrap makes such a big difference!

Another option would be a mei tai. They can be found quite cheaply, especially if you buy second hand.

Edit: There's a Bali Breeze for sale for $45 here (not sure I'm allowed to post links to sales pages - please remove if I'm not allowed mods!) and you'll find more I'm sure if you have a more detailed search.

Edit: There's a Bali Breeze for sale for $45 here (not sure I'm allowed to post links to sales pages - please remove if I'm not allowed mods!) and you'll find more I'm sure if you have a more detailed search.

I found the same one - only in orion - for $45 on tbw just a couple posts above it. Bought it and so excited for it!!!!
Thank you!

Maybe after DH sees how much I use it he'll let me get a didy or girosol. One can only hope :thumbup:

For me a woven wrap IS an essential item. Tell him you can use wovens for years. That they gain value as they are worn, as they get softer. That you can EASILY resell them if kept in good condition.

Yay! Hope you like it! They're very thin, so perfect for warmer weather. And if you get the go ahead for a woven you can sell it and not pay too much more to get one!

Guess what came in the mail today?! So excited!!
It's so soft and loads more comfortable than a sling.
Thank you ladies!

https://i42.tinypic.com/2imiu.jpg
excuse hubby in the background

That looks great! What did hubby think?

Aww that's such a cute photo! :) I'd really like to use a wrap too when little one arrives, so am trying to figure out which would be best for me! This picture definitely sways my decision! :)

Hubby was glad he could make me happy and I've been wearing my guy pretty much nonstop so hopefully he'll realize what a fabulous investment it is. But William absolutely loves it too - he likes seeing everything from my height and usually ends up falling asleep in it.

I agree woven wraps are amazing, but honestly I couldn't imagine living without my moby. Phoebe is 9 months and we still use it. But to be honest I have finally realized it's just not tight enough for when we're walking and have now bought an ergo. But for snuggling when she was little it was essential, and even now she loves to cuddle into and feed. It's way more comfortable to wear and sit than any other carrier.

Oops! Hadn't realized you got a wrap already. Great pic!

Guess what came in the mail today?! So excited!!
It's so soft and loads more comfortable than a sling.
Thank you ladies!

https://i42.tinypic.com/2imiu.jpg
excuse hubby in the background

Awww, love this pic :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583