Opinions needed about midwife care

victoria1987

Reaction score
To any of you mummies who have already had a child, you know how much of a difference having a good midwife can make to your pregnancy and birth experience. So I have a question here.

I'm in Canada and the way our midwives work is that they forum little independent groups with hospital rights and you are assigned a primary and secondary midwife who will care for you throughout pregnancy, birth and pp. When I had my son I hated my primary but LOVED my secondary. There is another midwife group in my city and I don't know any of the midwives there.

So what should I do?
Go with group that I used with son where there are 4 mws so I have a 50 % chance of having crappy midwife at my birth as a secondary but good chance of having mw I like as primary if i request her.

Or...
go with other new group which is literally 3 blocks from my house with zero chance of crappy midwife but won't know what the midwives are like until I get there?

Also I cannot change groups once I'm accepted into care and can't request NOT to have a particular mw.

WWYD?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->