Opinions on 4d scans?

We were going to have one, but OH confessed he thinks they are quite creepy. Also we know we're having a boy, so nice to keep a surprise for after all that pushing and horrible stuff through pregnancy :baby:
I would like one though, to check he's all OK. I'm such a worrier :dohh:

I had a 4D scan at 26 weeks & it was amazing, Def worth the money & the experience

Seeing my little man look like he does & all like a proper baby etc has made me bond with him even more...

What would you recommend (to those who've had the 4D scan) the best time to have it? I was going to book one as a surprise for my OH at 24 weeks but I got one already at 16 weeks and she was really skinny and you couldn't really see much she look's like she has no nose! lol Xxx

https://lmtf.lilypie.com/4z1s.png

I think it all depends on where you go and whether the baby is in the mood to be looked at!!!!

We went for one when I was about 25 weeks with my last LO. We went to a rather dubious place called 'window to the womb' in Nottingham. It was a bit of an odd set up as the place was actually someones house who lived there, and the whole family were sat in the conservatory!!! Then baby had 'EVERYTHING' she possibly could in front of her face, I mean her arms, hands and even legs, so we didn't get a good shot of her at all and the one and only glimpse we got she looked like she had Mike jagger lips and the biggest nose I've ever seen. I came away quite worried!!! Anyway we asked to be rescanned due to poor pictures and they reluctantly obliged. But it really wasn't the best experience ever and certainly wouldn't go back there!!!!

I'd definitely say go for it! I had a 4d scan at 23 weeks which was amazing and he didn't look creepy at all, he looked like a proper baby and we could see all his features etc, we have another at 29+5 weeks which i can't wait for! x

We had one with our first child and plan on doing it again with this one. They are amazing!! What I loved about the scan was that we could see how she slept. With one arm curled up under her ear. So, she was resting on her side, on her arm. When she was born and able to wiggle herself around we noticed that she slept that exact same way. It was just amazing to see her doing something that she did in the womb.
I think they are completely worth the money. We were able to purchase a CD of the entire session as well as a DVD that they set to lullaby music. It's going to be a priceless gift to hand down to her (or show any boys that may show up at the door)

Mine was amazing, she looked just like she did when she was born. It was just incredible seeing she had 10 fingers and 10 toes and that she looked like me before I'd even given birth. I can't wait for the 3D scan with this baby!

Awwh I think you may have changed my mind! I had one at 16weeks (avatar pic) & she was obviously skinny & looked like she had no nose lol so it put me off but I think I might book one now you've said your LO looked like she did when she was born! which week did you go?

I was 27+0, I was told 27 weeks was the optimum time :thumbup:

Attachments

• 25284_10150144167805347_719800346_11671643_4121611_n.jpg
    25284_10150144167805347_719800346_11671643_4121611_n.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 4
I'm going tonight for one :)
I'm paying £130 for mine, i've never had one before & am really excited my 2 children are coming too. Think i get a dvd & pics.
Where do u live? Just have a little google of 4d scans in your area x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->