opinions on my situation

vegan4eva

Reaction score
hello i have finally registered after ages of just reading i wanted advice really i was supposed to go for my depo shot today 27th jan but decided few weeks ago we wanted to try for another baby, i have tried to find answer everywhere but cant find it do you still have cervical mucus while on depo cause i have it and in the different stages like thick going to egg white then thick ect does that mean im still ovulating or do you just get cervical mucus anyway im not sure

Welcome aboard lady.

Well the depo does normally stop you ovulating and while I was on it, I did get cervical mucus - actually, I got more than I usually do!

You may get back to normal straight away but do not panic if you don't - it is normal to be a little messed after coming off depo (just see my journal for a crazy account of it) but you've taken the first step on your journey with deciding to come off it.

Even while I was on the pill I till got CM... like I normally would. Your body still prepared to do what it knows to do... but since you won't ovulate, it moves on...

I agree with Kates84, it may take some time for you body to get back in the normal routine, but you'll get there. Possible it's fine right off. I didn't have any issues coming off BC, but I know everyone is different.

Best of luck!!!

thanks for the replies ladies so is it a good sign then having the different stages of mucus still working ?im so upset with myself for not finding out about depo more before i went on it, i have read so many stories with people not being able to have more kids or it takes years, i only went on it cause they told me it would stop periods and after i had my daughter i kept forgetting to take my pill so it was easiest answer now i wish i hadne gone on it

It doesn't stop you having kids hon. I've researched it a lot myself because I've had a nightmare on it but it doesn't stop you having kids. The people who are infertile forever after it had some problem before they had the shot but didn't know.

It is true that it can take up to 18 months to start ovulating though - it takes 50% of women 10 months or more to start again - but that doesn't mean it will be the case with you. It's hard to say whether your cervical mucus is a good sign there isn't really a sign either way until you have a normal cycle. But don't panic, it may possibly take a bit of time but your fertility will come back

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->