Opinions on names...

CeeCee2010

Mummy to Jessica xxx
Reaction score
DH and I can't agree on girls names (boy name sorted!) I was just wondering what you ladies thought of the following -

Summer
Scarlett
Mae
Carmen

Which is your favourite? If you don't like any please be gentle, I am hormonal and likely to cry lol joking! Be as honest as you like :) Any nn suggestions would be greatly received too :) X

I like Scarlett and mae - maybe as first and middle names? Scarlett mae? very pretty. DH liked Summer when I was pregnant with H (he watched too much OC and wanted Ryan for a boy as well) but thanks to eastenders it became massively popular at the time. And not fussed on Carmen personally. x

summer and scarlet are what my partner wants we chosen scarlet as one of our names for a girl :) x

I think Summer is beautiful for a summer baby :icecream:

I like Scarlett and Carmen :D
Carmen was actually one of my options before i found out i was having a boy:flower: i like what dragonmummy suggested too! very pretttyy :thumbup:

ohhh you got my tastes hehe! my 3 top girls names are summer, carmen and isla! Im more than sure im having a boy though lol! i love all your names ummmmm which one....i would go with scarlette and carmen! scarlette mae or carmen mae are lovely! xxx

Lol thanks guys! I love Carmen and Scarlett and DH loves Summer and Mae! I just think Mae is too short on it's own and I like names that can have nicknames too and I can't think of one for Summer that I like yet... Who knew naming a little person could be so hard? lol X

I adore the name Summer but DH won't have it at all! He's vetoed every girls name I've suggested. Mae is lovely too x

I adore the name Summer but DH won't have it at all! He's vetoed every girls name I've suggested. Mae is lovely too x

Tell me about it! Every name I mention he says 'NO!" Only Scarlett and Carmen he's kind of liked thus far lol Men!

Summer and scarlett are my 2 top girls names,dh keeps saying "nice as middle names" he's got about 50 middle names planned by the sounds of things but I love love love summer and Scarlett xx

my DH has NO names yet.... is driving me crackers as he's vetoed all of mine. Er.... come up with something better then!

I think Mae would be a great middle name if you think it's too short as a first name :)

I suggested Summer (a name I LOVE) to my DF and he has teased me ever since, saying that I want to name our child after air freshener (?! I know...!).

That said, screw him. I love both Scarlett and Summer :) xx

I really like the name "Carmen" and "Summer." I think Carmen has a regal sound to it...

I also agree that I like "Mae" better as a middle name (I like how it flows with the other names)

Good luck! :)

Thanks ladies for sharing your opinions. My DH has just text me to say "What do you think of the name Carmen? I really like it - can imagine calling the baby Carmen"

I despair lol But on the plus side he's agreed to a name! X

Mae and Summer - love them both.

My oh wants summer if we have a girl but i got diff names

Thanks ladies for sharing your opinions. My DH has just text me to say "What do you think of the name Carmen? I really like it - can imagine calling the baby Carmen"

Haha! Men!
He'll feel really chuffed if he believes it was his idea all along lol

Haha! Men!
He'll feel really chuffed if he believes it was his idea all along lol

Lol he does! He rang me about 10 mins ago and said how much he likes it and is quite impressed he came up with it! I reminded him that I mentioned this name ...oooh... 6 weeks ago and he replied (whilst laughing) "No you didn't hun, you may have thought it but you have baby brain so don't worry about it!"

Shunt my trucks! That man is sooo in trouble when I get home lol But again on the plus side if we're having a pink baby we may have found our name! X

Yay, glad he's agreed! It may be best just to let him think he came up with it. He may stop liking it if he thinks you suggested it first. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->