Opinion's on swine flu jab?

Hannah :)

Pregnant with #3!
Reaction score
Ergh i really dont know what to do for the best :(
I got a letter through the other day from my doctors saying i could have the swine flu jab and im just really not sure! I spoke to my midwife yesterday at my appointment but she wasnt really a fat lot of help, she just gave me a leaflet on it which was crap.

Im about 85% sure that im not going to have it but AHHH I JUST DONT KNOW!

I was just wondering if people could give me their opinions on it?
Wether their going to have it or actuly had it already. It would help alot :)

xxx

I will not be having it because I am not at risk. I would probably have it if I was at risk of seasonal flu but I am not.

My children wont have it either but it is a personal choice x

i agree with post above i will not be getting one either

i had it because i felt i was at risk ov catchin swine flu coz i travel on buses alot and everywhere is reallly crowded at the moment coz christmas is coming up.

i no that if i had decided against gettin the jab and then caught swine flu and something happened to bubs (highly unlikely ino but still) i would neverrrr forgive myself.

plus, everyone is saying that it hasnt been around long enough to have done proper research on it. but the normal flu jab is given to pregnant woman every year, and that is a different strain of flu in the jab each year because the virus mutates which means that they would only have been tested in the same amount of time the swine flu jab has been. and the flu jab hasnt had any effects on people lol. plus if it wasnt safe, doctors and nurses etc wouldnt be having it.

but it is personal choice, and if you feel your at risk or not of catching swine flu.

hmm i rambled on a bit but i hope u understand what i was tryin to say lol

personally im not going to have it but can see both sides! xx

Thanks girls :)

I would like to have it as i work in a supermarket and im always around the odd discusting person who decided to cough into their hand right before they hand me money and old ladys who sneeze then come right up in your face cos they cant hear what your saying but its just im not sure on the safty of it! I mean i know its resonably safe cos if it wasnt they wouldnt be giving it to people but been as they cant test it on pregnant people how do they know for certain?
Ohhhh i dunno ill have to have a think lol.
Ta again :)

xxx

iv'e got my swine flu jab booked for friday and am pretty sure i'll have it done. All of my family work in schools and i use public transport alot, a family friend is a midwife and has had it done so this kinda helped me decide plus she said it has been tested and found safe. Although there is conflicting opinions on it i think i'd rather not risk my lil man catching the dreaded piggy flu! x i dont think theres a right or wrong thing to do, its your body and your baby .

I personally am not getting it done..
but I'm really weird about shots.. like my thing is why get something injected into me with the swine flu in it when i can't even take cold medicine? hhaha

My girls got he flu shot this year and I got sic from that little bit of the virus they carried. There is no way I'm getting the flu shot. It doesn't mesh well with my family. We get more sick from the shot than we do from the flu itself.

i decided not to as it hasnt been tested on pregnant women, but as alot of people have said its a personal choice...

I'm not having it done but it's more of a personal choice..
My doctor isn't happy about getting it either but he has to tell me about it anyway because it's his job but he doesn't recommend it...
I'll take the chances I only go into town maybe 2 times a week maybe more and avoid anyone that's sick..
My mom had the flu shot done because she's a nurse and it could come back around to her so she's better off getting it but she had a fever from the shot so..yeah
It's just a personal choice.. I know about 5 people that's said they had the swine flu but they diagnose it over the phone.. I think I'll just take my chances and pass on the shot!

iv decided im definatly NOT having it

personal choice though all i say is due lots of reasearch from a credible source

xx

I got cevlapan on Monday and had absolutely no reaction to it.. not even a sore arm! I work in a hospital though so am in a higher risk group and have an egg allergy which is why I was able to get cevlapan. Amelie will be getting it too when she's offered.

p.s. all the doctors and pharmacists at work took the vaccine too.

I had pandemrix about 2 weeks ago - personal choice, I work with a range of people so I don't want to take any chances of catching it but I can clearly see both sides of argument x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->