Opinions Please

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by DueMarch2nd, Dec 18, 2009.

1. DueMarch2nd

DueMarch2nd mummy to a little lamb

I am struggling to make a decision on this issue and I value you ladies opinions.

I have found the baby monitor I want for £20 cheaper than anywhere else but it is "factory refurbished"
    Should I get it?
    This is a copy and paste of what the site says...

Factory Refurbished: These are products that have been returned to the manufacturer and after stringent diagnostic testing there has been 'No Fault Found' with the product. These products are then resold as a factory refurbished item with a 12 month warranty (provided by our website) at massive discount prices. This also includes laptops, desktop pc's, phones & faxes which fail high quality standards due to damaged packaging or slight cosmetic imperfections. The box seal (if originally present) may have been removed or opened to allow the product to be fully inspected.

Update* Link on page 2

2. AimeeM

AimeeM Mum to 3 Boys.

I personally wouldn't want to use a refurbished one but i am the queen of paranoia. if you feel comfortable with it then do, £20 cheaper is a good amount off.

3. bexie1985

bexie1985 Well-Known Member

yeh i would, can u send it back? i got mine for £26 off ebay (inc p&P) theyre phillips ones with a base unit and 2 parent monitors, i thought it was a bargain. If ur worried get them off ebay as at least ur know ur covered if theyre not in good condition! xx

4. hivechild

hivechild Mummy to Ronan

I would probably do it depending on the new price of the product. If it's a difference of say £40 vs. £60 and has a 12 month warranty then I'd go for it. If it's a difference of £100 vs. £120, I might be tempted to just buy it new. I know, weird logic but that's how my brain works! :shrug:

5. gills8752

gills8752 Mum of 2 Girl

I've bought lots of refurbished goods and everything has been fine. They always got the guarentee with them just like every new product has so nothing is different other than it has been out of its box before you got it. Go for it unless you find a brand new one cheaper. xx

6. bekkie

bekkie Mommy Due Sept 20

refurbished can be something as small as the package being opened, because they can't see it as new - I've bought some great refurb products and I think a brand new product has just as much of a chance of breaking *shrug*

7. Seity

Seity Mom to Gabriel and Samuel

I buy refurbished all the time. I totally trust it as its actually undergone more testing than some of the new in package items.

8. New2Bumps

New2Bumps Mummy to 2 gorgeous boys

I guess there's the same chance it will be faulty as anything bought new?

9. DueMarch2nd

hive child it actually is a case of £60 vs £40 :) I know just what you mean. It is like £20 off a £60 product is 33% off and £20 off a £120 product is like 16% so you would be less inclined to bother.

I didnt say the name of the site but I will when I buy them. I love a good tip and if anyone wants a good tip, i'll let you know :)

10. hivechild

hivechild Mummy to Ronan

heh, good guess on my part! I say go for it, then!

11. billybump

billybump mummy to my little man

I'd go for it for the reasons everyone else is giving :)

12. DueMarch2nd

13. billybump

billybump mummy to my little man

Ooh that's the one I've got, would have loved to find it cheap. :)