opinions please? :)

eviestar

Reaction score
ok so im due a little girl at the beginning of september and im really struggling with names for her! i love so many names it sucks trying to choose lol. anyway, ive found a name i really like which is Skylah...

problem is, my 5 year old niece is called Skye! my family arent big on using family names or anything so what im wondering is whether Skylah is too similar to Skye? or could i get away with using it by double barrelling it or something? me and my sister dont get on at all so i dont want to give her the satisfaction of saying "ooh you copied my daughters name!" or whatever, because she's pathetic like that lol. just wanted your opinions :) thanks

xx

If i were you i wouldn't be able to give my child such a similar first name to someone i knew, let alone my niece. :shrug: thats just me? How about using it as your daughters middle name?

yeah thats what i was thinking..
middle name is a good idea :) thanks xx

Skylah is really close to Skye even with a middle name IMO

If you love it I don't think it matters, but I agree with WSS bout using it as a middle name if you're unsure. They'll probably like the fact that their names are similar as they grow up and I'm sure your sister will get over it.

oooooohhhh I just reread this and I thought Skye was your daughter:dohh: in that case Skylah is a bit close but not weirdly so :)

It's totally up to you. It really depends on your family and situation. For example, my mom and her brother both have children with the same name. So I have a cousin and a brother both named Brain. & they never really cared. Maybe you should just ask your sister how she would feel about? Then you wouldn't have to wonder. If she would be really upset about it you could use it for a middle name and think of a new first name... Or maybe she won't mind. You never know. :shrug:
Let us know what you decide! It's completely up to you :thumbup: Good luck!

thanks girls! i still love the name so we are seriously considering just using it :) xx

I realy like Skylah! It's pretty! Id never heard it before! I think that you could find a perfect name to go with it maybe not hyphanated but 2 first names??
(my favorite) Skylah Brooke
(other favorite)Skylah Rhae
Skylah Jayda
Skylah Morgan
Skylah Joselyn

your baby your name turst me i wanted to name my baby boy angel david david after my brother who passed away when i was little but his daughter who is 20 told me that i dont deserve using his name so i named my baby jr but i really wish i had stick to my original name!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->