+opk 6 days in a row?

macydarling

Reaction score
Hi, Im hoping someone can help me! I have never tested past the 2nd positive so idk if this is normal or not. I have a 27 day cycle and have had +opk since cycle day 15. The first two days the test line matched the control and everyday it has gotten progressively darker. Yesterday at cd 19 was the darkest, the test line was almost black and the control was faint. But today on cd20 it is still positive. Surely this isnt normal since my period is due in week? Anyone know what's going on? Im just wondering if/when I ovulated so I can finally quit the bd marathon LOL and know when to test. THANKS!

And it is def positive btw, this is yesterday's :

Attachments

• 20141211_102853-1.jpg
    20141211_102853-1.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 20
Thats a bloody good positive! Ive no idea about why its positive for so long, hopefully someone else can offer some advise, do you temp hun xx

Thanks hun, I dont temp because Im a restless sleeper. Ive been occupying my time with dr google and now Ive scared myself over all these +opks! I just wanna stop bding :xmas13: make it stop haha. Today's test isnt quite as blazing as yesterday's though so perhaps I finally O'd yesterday and it's on its way down.

I mean, theoretically the opk will turn negative after O, right? It doesnt stay positive until :af: , does it? Ive never tested it out before.

Ive not being using them long and only managed to catch ov this cycle, mine faded after 3 days, so maybe your just having a long surge, I would maybe bd again today just to cover it and see what tomorrow's test is like, ive temped this cycle, never again ha xxx

Ive run out of opks for the third time now. Lol. Im not sure if I will be able to get DH to bd for the 7th day in a row but I sure will try! :haha:

I've never tested all the way out but I know lh can always be detected. It just shouldn't be so positive I wouldn't think. Are those the dollar store ones? They seem to be a lot more sensitive.

Aww Dani, bless you for still listening to me whine about this. You're a saint. It is still positive today but not as blazing as yesterday's so Im guessing maybe it is on it's way down? And since yesterday was the darkest maybe I O'd yesterday? Im not sure if the shade of the line indicates O or not. They are dollar tree tests, the same as yours I think, Ive never used them before.

The positive tells you that O is coming. Not necessarily when you O. But if you're going negative, I'd say that's good. BD a bit more if you can just to be sure but it seems like it's soon.

Thanks Dani, I sure hope so. And it isnt negative, but it isnt a blazing positive like yesterday's freak one. Lol. Cross your fingers it is negative tomorrow! And a solid smiley for you! I want to try smileys next cycle. It will be interesting to see how ur dollar tests compare to your smileys.

Hi Hun I've had 7 postive opk before but mine lasted until my period came I think you can have a LH surge just before periods (that was my case) that month I think my body tried to ovulate but didn't succeed, but you still have a week to go before your AF kicks in, when was your 1st positive opk? I've heard a lot of women get positives on a opk just before they get a positive on a hpt, have you tried a pregnancy test? My circles vary each month I usually get 3 days positive opk but this month I only got 1 day of positives on cd 17 and they faded straight away after, my 1st opk was 8pm then tested 8am still positive then 1pm started to fade so I didn't have a long surge, I would try a pregnancy test Hun see what the outcome is good luck xx

Hi hun thanks so much for reading and answering! I got my first +opk on cd 15 which was 12/7 and they have gotten progressively darker since. It's quite odd! I suspected I had a short luteal phase but not this short! I dont see how I could be pregnant, lol. Not yet, anyway of Im still ovulating according to the opks. I might buy some more and take another today. Im curious now if it will go back to negative before :af:y last :af: was 11/24 so if it is going to be 27 days like the last 2 cycles it should be due on 12/20.

Macy, I say try another brand. I wish I could send mine to you. I could on Monday but that's probably too late. The dollar tree ones had me looking positive days ago but my others and the digital aren't close.

I will be using dollar tree hpts. Those things appear to be super sensitive!

Ttcminime~ I wish! But I dont see how I could be.

Dani~ yes, perhaps $ tree doesnt work well for me in general. I had horrid luck with their hpts. They gave me a faint positive one cycle for like a week straight until I got af. I was so annoyed :wacko: you are too sweet to say you would send me some, thanks! I didnt want to buy another brand since I had already bought/used a semi expensive brand and never got a + before I ran out. :dohh: I guess Im just so frustrated now because I dont know when/if I ovulated if these stupid dollar tree opks cant be trusted. So I have no idea when I can expect af either :shrug: I guess I will just wait til the longest cycle I had and see if :witch: shows.

Also, my cm seems to be consistant with the fertile type I get, clear and watery. Usually it turns creamy/white at this point in my cycle. So there is always the possibility of a wonky cycle :wacko: Cant wait until I can see the doctor in a month!

Nothing worse than limbo! I know it's frustrating but you will definitely know in two weeks. I really don't mind mailing these if you want some more! They were pretty cheap on amazon.

You are too sweet! I dont think I will be using opks next cycle though. I need a break! Lol. Two weeks, I dont think I can wait that long :haha: I really do think I ovulated on cd 19, when I got the ridiculously +opk, that was the pic I posted on the 1st pg of the thread. I also had cramps that day. So perhaps the $ tree opks are very sensitive like the hpts so that is why is was + for several days.

Gotcha. If I didn't have to confirm o for progesterone, I'd absolutely not take opks. Testing on Christmas?

Well, Im sure you all are as sick of hearing about this as I am but my opk is still positive today. The test line only matches the control though. So I still say the blazing one was O...does that make sense?

Dani, do you think the test will be accurate on Christmas? I just really want to be able to test once, have it be bfn and then get :af: lol. I just hate the squinting and getting let down by bfns day after day. :wacko: I would like to be around 11dpo when I test since my lp is on the shorter side anyway so it should be accurate by then. Whenever 11dpo is. Lol.

Well, Im sure you all are as sick of hearing about this as I am but my opk is still positive today. The test line only matches the control though. So I still say the blazing one was O...does that make sense?

Dani, do you think the test will be accurate on Christmas? I just really want to be able to test once, have it be bfn and then get :af: lol. I just hate the squinting and getting let down by bfns day after day. :wacko: I would like to be around 11dpo when I test since my lp is on the shorter side anyway so it should be accurate by then. Whenever 11dpo is. Lol.

I would go with the blazing positive. The instructions say the day that the test matches the control is the positive and you'd probably be none the wiser if you didn't keep testing. Silly ol TTC. If you go with CD19 as your positive, I think it'd be accurate on Christmas. Wouldn't you be past 11DPO by then? I think I'll be around 11DPO on Christmas, but I'm wondering if that's a) too early and b) a bad day to put myself in a bad mood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->