opk advice confused :s

chimmi

Reaction score
Got my first ever positive opk (digital) yesterday at 5pm. We DTD the night before (at 10pm) and when I got the positive (5.30pm)

I just did another digital opk and was expecting another smiley face but it wasn't.. is that normal? I know it says not to test after your first positive but I assumed it would be positive for a couple of days.. when i took the test out of the holder there were two lines but one a bit lighter.. is this short opk high normal? And do you think we may have caught the egg? Didn't manage to dtd last night or this morning but not through lack of trying..! Am going totry and dtd again tonight whatvdo you think?

It doesn't matter how many days you stay positive - one day or few. It depends how long your LH surge lasts.
You should try to "meet" your partner tonight, because if you got a positive test result yeaterday, you might be ovulating today! And then the egg lives around 12-24 hours, so you still may catch it!

But if i was to lay my egg today wouldn't my opk still be positive?

Got my first ever positive opk (digital) yesterday at 5pm. We DTD the night before (at 10pm) and when I got the positive (5.30pm)

I just did another digital opk and was expecting another smiley face but it wasn't.. is that normal? I know it says not to test after your first positive but I assumed it would be positive for a couple of days.. when i took the test out of the holder there were two lines but one a bit lighter.. is this short opk high normal? And do you think we may have caught the egg? Didn't manage to dtd last night or this morning but not through lack of trying..! Am going totry and dtd again tonight whatvdo you think?

Hi Hun It's normal dont worry I had the same thing happen to me today had a smiley face In the morning tested in the afternoon there was no smiley face I had the same took it out the holder one line was a bit lighter

So what does it mean? Did I ovulate? Thought it lasted for a couple of days and then you ovulate? feeling like i missed it now..

So what does it mean? Did I ovulate? Thought it lasted for a couple of days and then you ovulate? feeling like i missed it now..

Don't worry you have not missed out as long as you had a surge how ever long it lasts you will still ovulate in the next 24 / 48 hrs it is very disappointing when you don't see another smiley face I thought they would last longer too that's why I tested again I love seeing it lol

Don't worry you have not missed out as long as you had a surge how ever long it lasts you will still ovulate in the next 24 / 48 hrs it is very disappointing when you don't see another smiley face I thought they would last longer too that's why I tested again I love seeing it lol

Oh thanks was paranoid I missed it. So you don't ov before the positive, its the surge to show you will/might/should ovulate yeah?

Hiya, I am just wondering, I am using the cheapy opks and there is never usually any sort of second line on them, no matter how much I squint to see one. However the last couple of days there has been a definite line but its not quite as dark as the control. Does this mean I have still ovulated, maybe testing too late in the day at 9pm so the lh is still there but not as much as if I had tested earlier in the day? Or maybe I am trying to ovulate but havent (have pcos but still usually ovulate just have a long cycle) I get really bad ovulation pain too which I have had for the last 3 days. Any ideas if I can take them as positive or not? X

I've never had a positive cheapie. Bought digital opks and used one tuesday, then Wednesday was a positive. I think you get what you pay for.
It's only a positive if it is as dark as or darker than. My negative digital opk today took it out and saw the second line was only just lighter and it was classed as a negative..!

Also you have to hold your pee for 4 hours minimum

Oh thanks was paranoid I missed it. So you don't ov before the positive, its the surge to show you will/might/should ovulate yeah?

Yeah Hun that's right I wish you good luck we both will be in the TWW soon

chimmi - don't worry, the surge happens first and then ovulation. The predictor lets you know in advance so you can DTD and have sperm waiting. Its no good if the test were to tell you that you're already ovulating, then you may miss it. Surge is short. Ovulation happens afterwards. Good luck!

Ok thanks. so far we DTD the night before the surge, the day of, and the day after ...! Will keeping BDing until we cant do it no more lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->