Opk advice please :0)

charlotte3390

TTC no 2
Reaction score
I on on first month ttc #2 and never used opk last time as got pregnant first try.
I'm on cd14 of a 27-29 day average cycle. According to this I started opk last Thursday. Every day there was only control line until yesterday. Yesterday I got a 2nd Line but was fainter than control line. I have had same today. I'm now doubting if they are accurate as I have had all the symptoms of ovulating for over 3 days now, cm and twinges which have got much stronger today. I have just done another opk just in case as don't want to miss the fertile window as it should be my 'O' day tomorrow and it's still the same. Is there any way they wouldn't work?
Thanks x

Use them at least twice a day starting around CD10, i use the Walgreens brand as I like them more, but i have a dig test for confirmation as well. Some women, and tests find that there will be a control line only, and any test line is a positive, where as some brands you need to have test lines as dar as or darker than the control line. I like the Walgreens because there's always a test line, but it's faint which reassures me that it's worked lol

Thanks for that. I just find it strange I had no line and for past 3 days (done 2 per day) there is a Line but it's fainter yet I've been having ov pains etc for 3 days. When you get an equal it darker line how long after that do you generally ov? X

12-48 hours is the window for ovulation after a positive test, because you might be catching the upsurge or the downsurge

Ah ok. That's what I thought. Thanks. Fingers crossed I get a positive tomorrow :0) x

Ive had a love/hate relationship with opks. From my experience (every woman may be different though) - I start testing about a week before I think i will ovulate. I use the target up and up brand (had much better luck with them than the internet cheapies) and usually test around 1-2 pm and then at 5 pm. The most accurate reading is ually the 1-2 pm (ive also been holding pee for 4 hours by then). I get "fade in" lines with my opks and usually only half the line is as dark as the control. Once the fade in starts, I start using digital (clear blue) opks with fmu. I usually have 3-4 days of opks being "almost positive" before I get a smiley face with my digital. This system has cut down on the frustration and amount of money I spend on opks. Hope this helps!

Yes that does help thank you.
It's quite frustrating as even though I know round about (within a few days) when I should ov I got the opks so I would know for definite when it was going to happen but now it's just making me unsure! I've had ewcm for 3 days now and twinges for 3 days which has got worse this afternoon so I know it must be imminent. I wish I hadn't bothered now as I imagine it can become a bit of an obsession!
Fingers crossed I get a bfp this month! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->