Opk and depo?!

Punk_Mum86

pregnant with number 2!!!
Reaction score
Hello ladies! So I'm waiting out the dreaded depo only a few weeks to go! Well I decided to buy opk's so I would be ready! I couldn't help but test them out, so I have taken one for the last few days and they are getting darker? Is this normal and just random fluctuations? I know it's not positive, but here's a pic! Thanks! :thumbup:

Attachments

• tt.jpg
    tt.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 34
My last shot was 10 weeks ago...

My last shot was almost a year ago, November 2012.

I just got a period back in August then nothing again till last month, it's horrible.
I've never used an OPK but then again I have no idea how it works lol.

When do you plan on ttc?

We're trying from the date of my next shot! So in two weeks! I've only had one shot, I know it might take a while but I'm trying to be positive, every body is different after all! When are you starting to try? :flower:

We're trying from the date of my next shot! So in two weeks! I've only had one shot, I know it might take a while but I'm trying to be positive, every body is different after all! When are you starting to try? :flower:

I kinda already am, I'm sort of more ntnp so taking a relaxed approached to it.

That's really good your being positive about it, it's really hard especially when you read about all these horror stories but your absolutely right! Everyone's body is different and some people conceive pretty quickly.

Do you already have another child? And how old? Xx

That's a pretty good OPK for 10w after your last shot! :). I was on the Depo for about 3 years and it took 2 years from having the last one till I got an actual positive OPK. I got plenty of random ones throughout my cycles (much like yours but not 'as' dark) but it took ages for my body to sort itself out. You seem like you know this info already and what to expect but thought id give you my 2 cents :haha:.

If you combine temping with OPK then after some time you may see a pattern - FX for you! xx

Thanks everyone! Here's today's test...:thumbup:

Attachments

• it.jpg
    it.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 14
Thanks everyone! Here's today's test...:thumbup:

I'm thinking of getting these, how and when do you use them? Sorry to sound silly lol

You don't sound silly! Depending on the length of your cycle, (mine is usually 28 days when not on depo!) So I tend to get a positive test on the 13/14th day, I would say to test from day 10, (second morning urine is best I would say) of your cycle and keep testing until you get a positive, do that for a few cycles and you'll get a good idea of when you ovulate and you won't have to use so many!
You just wee in a cup and then dip the test for roughly 10 seconds then wait the amount of time it says on the packet to read your result. Easy peasy! :thumbup:

Are you going to temp too? or just use OPK's? I would suggest temping to because then you will be able to tell 100% that you did indeed ovulate.

Hey hun, nice bumping into you again:flower: I would also suggest charting while using opks because then you can get an exact date for when you ovulate, its much easier then guessing, goodluck keeping my fx'd for you:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->