OPK as HPT?

lilmisscaviar

2 girls, 3 boys
Reaction score
I am 13 dpo today (I thought I was 14 dpo but looking back at my charts AF was supposed to be due tomorrow). I had a BFP at 10 dpo. By "BFP" I mean that there was a line but it was very, very light. I followed up with another test yesterday at 12 dpo to make sure they were getting darker and it was still pretty light but now you could clearly see it from a distance.

In between all those positive tests, I was also taking OPKs. So many women wonder if you can use an OPK as an HPT and I wanted to see if I could prove this theory. Yesterday's OPK at 12 dpo had a very light line, almost barely visible. I took one today and I was amazed how dark it was within a day! The line was literally as dark or possibly even slightly darker than the control line!

So yes, an OPK can be used as an HPT, but in theory you would most likely get a positive OPK after you already tested positive on an HPT. In future... stick with the HPTs! The picture below shows them with the one taken yesterday on top and the one taken today on the bottom.

Attachments

• opkashpt (2)_opt.jpg
    opkashpt (2)_opt.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 25
I found out I was pregnant with my son from an opk. Congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->