opk confusion. help ?

annie1983

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Ive been doing opks ttc #3. Ive used the ic ones off ebay with the green handle. Used them twice and got pregnant first cycle both times.

This time im having trouble ! Every single opk has been very dark I would say its 50/50 as to how many have been so dark they have almost been positive to how many have been blazing positive. Ive used the green handle ic ones (10miu) the cheapies from asda (25miu) AND just got some 'professional' instAlert ones (40miu). They all do the same ? I test daily at 12pm and again around 6pm.

Ive had no ewcm, not pregnant and don't have pcos.

Very confused. I know im doing them right because ive used them before and been fine and normal.

Any ideas ? Very confused, im gonna go see my doc for bloods cos there's something funny going on.

Can you just develop pcos ? Im a bit worried as my lh level is obviously pretty high. Ive had odd few days here and theee with sore boobs and last weekend I had 2 days of stabbing pains on my right side. But still no period. Not pregnant and opk showing as positive 2-3 times a week !!!

Sorry for essay, thoughts/advice will ne appreciated !!

Hi. I don't really have an answer for you but I sometimes have this happen to me. OPKs used to work really well for me. After dd and after some hormone-based treatments for cancer I have some weeks/months where I get all positive OPKs. It's possible for your hormones to change or to develop PCOS. Maybe your doctor could do a hormone screen for you to see what's going on? All positive OPKs are usually caused by high FSH believe. Good luck!

Pcos normally doesn't show up til your 20s.
For me it popped up at about 26

Thanks girls. I am going to ask to be checked for pcos. I am about to turn 30 and haven't had these problems before. In january when I used them they were fine and I got pregnant off just bd on the day I got the first positive !! It is so annoying. Ive also had 3 light positive hpt 2 were last week off same sample of urine. Then got allnegatives. Assumed it was a chemical but then I got another pale one on monday gone rhthen all negatives again. All off one brand of ic hpt tho so I think it was either chemical or nasty evap. Deof had no ewcm either which is what worries me most !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"