OPK confusion / SMEP question

a_florrick

Reaction score
Can anyone help?

I didn't get chance to test with OPKs earlier this week but dtd each day anyway. When I tested on Tuesday, the line was definite, but faint - not a positive, but there was something there making the line visible. Today when I tested, the line was non existent.

Does this mean that Tuesday's faint line could have been the remnants of LH? ie - did I ovulate before this and this was the chemical fading down afterwards? Is that how it works?

Just wondering, for those following SMEP, if you would take that as ovulation being over?

Can anyone help?

I didn't get chance to test with OPKs earlier this week but dtd each day anyway. When I tested on Tuesday, the line was definite, but faint - not a positive, but there was something there making the line visible. Today when I tested, the line was non existent.

Does this mean that Tuesday's faint line could have been the remnants of LH? ie - did I ovulate before this and this was the chemical fading down afterwards? Is that how it works?

Just wondering, for those following SMEP, if you would take that as ovulation being over?

Hi! There will, for the most part, always be two lines on your OPKs, because LH is always present in your system. It is only when the two lines are the same level of darkness that the test is detecting your surge.

Do you temp or anything? Temp or a blood test is the only definite way of knowing if you have ovulated, but if your normal signs of ovulation were there, then I am sure you did :)

I hope I was at least of some help to you! Good luck!

Sometimes it's a time of day thing and you miss the surge. The line does have to be as dark as the indicator line to confirm ovulation will happen soon (I think it's 24-48hrs later but I could be wrong here).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->