OPK confusion

zilla

Reaction score
Hi, :)

I took an OPK today & it came out positive.
It's been 6 months after giving birth & still no AF so it was a surprise to see a positive OPK!

So just to double check I did another one half an hour later, and it was negative.

Not sure what to think, I've seen on the internet that doing a second one so soon can be inaccurate as urine is then more diluted - or do you think it could be a faulty test?

I'm confused!

xxx

can u post pic of positive? and it may be that your urine was weak you should have 4 hour hold

your not the only one confused by them :wacko:
At cd7 through to cd9 i was getting a faint line on my opk's, not extremely faint, like noticable, then the days my cervix opens, ovulation pain begins and my cm turns fertile cd10 and today cd11 there's no line at all, not even a hint of a line :nope:

i dont know what to think, ive even resorted to test 4 times a day!!!

Hope you find out whats going on, maybe just get plenty of :sex: just incase :thumbup:

this is the pic.

it doesn't look as dark in the pic - but the right hand side of the test line is just as dark as the control line. (I thnk that's right?)

the top line is the first test I did - the positive one - and the rest were all done within the same hour.

https://img823.imageshack.us/img823/7690/3mv9.jpg

Hmmm, that's a tough one! The OKPs confuse me too... I know that a +OPK does not necessarily indicate ovulation, just that your LH levels have risen. Of course this does lead to ovulation most of the time it is not a guarantee. The only way to tell for sure is to temp and see if you get a rise. I have heard about ladies getting a +OPK but detecting a temp shift, then getting another +opk later in their cycle with a confirmed temp shift. Our bodies are very frustrating! I'd say why not :sex: anyway if you're TTC, it can't hurt, right?? :)

Hmmm, that's a tough one! The OKPs confuse me too... I know that a +OPK does not necessarily indicate ovulation, just that your LH levels have risen. Of course this does lead to ovulation most of the time it is not a guarantee. The only way to tell for sure is to temp and see if you get a rise. I have heard about ladies getting a +OPK but detecting a temp shift, then getting another +opk later in their cycle with a confirmed temp shift. Our bodies are very frustrating! I'd say why not :sex: anyway if you're TTC, it can't hurt, right?? :)

Hello :)

I wasn't temping as I was getting up a lot in the night with my son, but now he's sleeping through the night (I think!) I can start again.
I had an induced AF with Provera as I wasn't getting AF 6 months after birth even though I was bottle feeding - that was about a month ago so I should be CD26 so not sure why it's looking "positive" now.

i wouldnt say any of those are positive hun. keep testing mine went up and down like a yoyo last month

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->