OPK doubles as HPT?

Ask4joy

Reaction score
So I read today that OPKs can double as HPTs since LH and HCG are very chemically similar. In the last few days I've gotten several faint (but not squinters!) positives on dollar tree Pregnancy tests but negatives on 3 FRERs. AF is supposed to start today. Had a temp dip just above coverline this morning and some very light brown cm (very little). I often spot the day before AF so I don't know what to think.

Anyway, I decided to use an OPK just to see the result. I used the Internet cheapie I ordered this month. I used these 10 days leading up to my positive result on CD16 and thought they were duds b/c I never got more than a barely visible vvf pink line until CD16 when I got a very dark line. So today I got a line almost equal to the control. Anyone else try this after getting a positive HPT?

If AF doesn't show today I guess I'll call my doctor and request a blood test...or should I wait a few more days? This is my first time getting a positive so I don't know what to do/think!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 17
When I was first getting vvf lines on FRER the opk was light...but here is my opk from yesterday 16dpo...blazing dark...so I definetly think it can tell you. Good luck!! Do you have any hpt to take?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 5
I tried this out lots of times and I found that opk's do pick up hcg. I will say though that I had lots of cycles where I wasn't pregnant where I would have lines on opk's a day or two leading up to AF. I found when I was pregnant the opk would be a clear positive where as in non pregnant cycles the lines were lighter. Good luck, hope it leads to bfp.

Thanks for the responses! I did take an FRER this morning and negative. I just don't know why I've been getting positives on dollar tree tests (show up within 5 min - not evaps).

I had darker positives from about 7dpo all the way to AF this cycle and nothing but bfns. Had similar (but big as dark) experiences with a few cycles that were ovulatory not pregnant cycles. I do get dark opks when pregnant (peed on a few just because I could). So I feel like they go pick up hcg, but aren't reliable. FXed for you though!

I got the darkest line ever on an OPK when pregnant :shrug:

OPKs will be positive if you're pregnant, but it would show on an HPT first I think

Unfortunately I had a CP this cycle. :(

I'm so sorry hon! I had that happen in December but then got pregnant again 4 months later, and I have heard it happen much sooner to other women. I hope next cycle is your sticky healthy bean!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->