Opk experts needed! Can't find answer anywhere?!

Loobyloo30

Mummy to one
Reaction score
Hi ladies! I've been using opks for years but I'm seriously stumped on this! I'm 10dpo and every day for the past 3 days I've been getting positive opks but only with smu! It's negative with fmu and negative in the aft and eve!! I've never had this before? I always get a surge the day af is due but not before! Hpt is also neg :( xx

Body can get random lh surges even few days before af that's why its not recommended to use them very late in cycle or after getting a positive. Also its a myth that opks can detect preg that's an entirely different hormone than hcg. Its more of a coincidence than a a fact that ladies got positive opk and hpt.
Just don't worry about the positives. I hope you get a positive hpt soon x

Really? I'm poas mad but never ever experienced this before. Thanks for your answer Hun, just really confused me lol xx

Body can get random lh surges even few days before af that's why its not recommended to use them very late in cycle or after getting a positive. Also its a myth that opks can detect preg that's an entirely different hormone than hcg. Its more of a coincidence than a a fact that ladies got positive opk and hpt.
Just don't worry about the positives. I hope you get a positive hpt soon x

It's not a coincidence or a myth. OPKs can pick up LH hormone AND HCG hormone, while pregnancy tests only pick up the HCG hormone!

In response to your question though, sorry I can't help that is a stumper!

Thanks honey! I've heard women have had pos opk before a hpt and vice versa. Oh we'll 4 more days till the witch arrives! (Or hopefully not) lol xx

During my first month of opks i kept checking till the end and 3-4 days before AF i was picking up positives. Later got to know LH builds up randomly before AF. They might pick up some of hcg hormone since they are from the same family but thats not a result to be relied on because they are not made to detect hcg. The test dominance is for LH. So i wouldn't rely on it completely. I;ve seen alot of ladies getting multiple positives at the end of AF time almost every month. Its how the body works. However if its something unusual for you and it doesn't happen normally than you can take it as a sign. However it never worked for me.

GL Loobyloo not all women get positive before AF. Every person is different plus it depends when the egg implanted. If it implanted early your HCG will develop sooner else it will take sometime. So you are still not out. Fx for you

Loobyloo which hpts are you using and how much is their sensitivity? try FRER I've heard it can pick up hcg as low as 10miu

Wow thanks for that message! Very informative. I've been using instalert ic hpt's which are 10miu, and I did try an frer at 9dpo. I'm waiting now a couple more days as its driving me crazy lol xx

9dpo is still early as the implantation can happen anywhere between 6-10dpo. If egg implanted around 9 dpo it may take 2-3 days to build enough hcg in your system to be detected. Lots of baby dust your way dear hope you hit back with a good news x

Update. Af showed her ugly face!! Lol I obviously get a mid morn surge before af :( boohoo xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->