OPK help please :)

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by buttonnose82, Aug 23, 2009.

1. buttonnose82

buttonnose82 Wife & Mummy

Hi girls, hope you don't mind me popping over from WTT but figured you girls will be best to ask.

This is my first month off my pill, we plan on TTC in December so I have started charting until then so we are prepared when december comes.

As I didn't know when to expect my period and therefore ovulation I used a OPK on CD8, 9, 11 & 13, today is CD14.

Anyway CD8,9 & 11 were all beyond negative to the point there was only the control line and not even a hint of a 2nd line.

Yesterday CD13, I did a OPK in the morning and was shocked to find 2 strong lines, it was so so close to call if the test line was as strong as the control line so figured i would leave it a couple hours and do another. Well a did a 2nd one a couple hours later and this time the test line was strong but clearly not as strong as the control line so clearly negative. By this time the first test had dried and seemed every so slightly fainter than the control line as well so I maked it on my chart as a negative.

Well today CD14, I have just done another OPK and well the test line is there but alot alot fainter than either of yesterdays 2 lines.

Does this mean my 1st test yesterday must have been positive? must i have ovulated? if so when would i see my temp rise?

sorry for the questions :hugs: OPK's are just so damn confusing!

2. dt1234565

dt1234565 In love with a princess x

Difficult to say without seeing them.

The test line should be as dark or darker, not nearly as dark.

Take pics at the time so you can post them.

My +opk usually stay dark even when evap and - go lighter.

So long as you bd you wouldnt have missed it.

xxxxxxxxxxx

:dust:

3. lili24

lili24 Preggers with #2!

OPKs are very confusing indeed!

It may be possible that your LH surge was quite short, so you may have just missed it with your OPKs! If they have now gone a lot lighter I would probably take the first dark one as positive. If that was yesterday then you usually ovulate 12-36 hours later so it should be soon. Then you would probably see a temp rise tomorrow. If you are using FertilityFriend it will pinpoint oulation once you have 3 days of higher temps x

4. buttonnose82

i really thought it was positive but once it dried it seemed to lighten a touch then the 2nd was clearly lighter.

I'll take pics next time even though DP will think i am a freak hehe

todays is alot lighter.

it''s so damn confusing! I guess i should just wait and see if tomorrow brings a temperature rise!

We only BD with condoms at the moment as not starting TTC until december but want to get the hang of it now ready!

5. lili24

lili24 Preggers with #2!

They do dry lighter though I have noticed that with mine.. I think it's best to read them once they are done and then throw them away! They are confusing enough as it is, nevermind when they change colour after a few hours, lol.

It's great you have started already, will make you much more prepared for December xx

6. Pinkgirl

Pinkgirl Well-Known Member

Hey buttonnose
    OOO i will be using OPKs this month too so found the replies useful?
    Are you temping too? what are you using to take temp?
    x

7. buttonnose82

I am temping to, using a BBT and using Fertility friend.

If this was ovulation it caught me totally off gaurd as previously when i came off pill my cycles were 32 days with ovulation on day 22, so to ovulation on day 13, 14 is earlier than i expected!

I plan on doing another OPK in the morning and seeing if that is fainter than todays. also hoping to see a temp rise tomorrow!

Boobies/nipples are mega sensitive/tender today also so might very well be ovulation yay!

8. buttonnose82

am almost certain that the 'was it wasn't it' really WAS a positive because todays OPK was just a single control line, no hint of a test line in the time limit

Temp rise again this morning so thats 2 temp rises, just fustrated as we have to leave for scotland at midnight tonight and our flight is at 6 so no sleep to temp tomorrow grrrr

We are planning on going to bed about 7 tonight and trying to slee until 11:30, would i be able to temp then for tomorrows temp or not?