Opk help, please!

wish4baby

Reaction score
Hi,
This is my first month using OPKs. Please help, I have so many questions lol!!!

I bought the store brand, it comes with a cup & 20 sticks. I read the directions and that brought up my first question: it says use FMU. I have read & heard otherwise, that afternoon/evening after a 2 hr+ hold is better.

Please tell me if I should follow the packet instructions or do afternoon testing.
I did my first test this afternoon (today - CD 12) after a 2 hr hold and it was VERY negative, like no test line at all! I expect to O between CD 13-16, historically (based on temping)...

What, exactly, does a neg OPK mean? No O in the next 24 hrs, for sure, right??? So I should miss BD'ing tonight? (We are doing every other day, then daily from cd 11 thru temp rise, but that hasn't worked yet - 3rd month ttc).
Now, I want to try every other day until positive OPK, then do it that evening, the following evening - o day???, and the next AM - temp rise??? Does that sound right?

My temps are still very low, I know I haven't already O'd, but if I O on CD 13, could I have missed the surge? Or will the OPK stay positive until after the egg is released?

The latest I have ever O'd is CD 16 (and it's not often, but it happened last month). When should I expect a positive OPK if I O again on CD 16? And when will it turn back to neg, the same day as temp rise or prior?

Thank you in advance!
My chart: https://fertilityfriend.com/home/44b0de/

Hello! OPKs test lh surges. Lutenizing hormone is secreted and helps the egg burst from the follicle. Lh surges can indicate ovulation is impending (usually 12-36 hours after a positive OPK) but you will have no way of knowing if you actually ovulated as you can have multiple lh surges or have an lh surge and not ovulate.

I usually test twice daily with FMU and the afternoon so I don't miss a surge.

Good luck! Also, when I was figuring out OPKs I did a simple google search and got a lot of good advice.

Hi wish4baby! I see we are both struggling with the ovulation thing again this month :)

Last month my opk's were positive on cd 14 and I ovulated on cd 15. This cycle I don't know whats happenig as I am on cd 15 today and only negative opk's so far! I normally have a long lh surge and get a + opk for 2 days in a row normally so doubt I missed my sure and my temps are still very low.

maybe we are just having a slow month and O is delayed for some reason. Keep testing and its a good idea to test in the morning and mid day as well! Hope you are lucky this cycle.. x

Thanks! Ok, I will test both times...I hope I get my + today. If I do, then I will expect O on cd 15 or cd 16, and we can time BD correctly.
I'm CD 14, so we are cycle buddies again!!
I hope you get your + today too :) we should be (pregnancy) testing around the same time - baby dust!!!!

I got my very first positive OPK this morning!!!! Yay!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 10
Wonderful news wish4baby!!! Get bd'ing!!

I o'd yesterday as I had a significant temp drop and we got to bd last night luckily and then had a huge temp spike this morning!! So o was not delayed after all! hoping my temp stays up, but they should as my temp rose to my normal post o bbt.

Yeah, your chart looks great!!!! Congrats :D when will you start testing?

I had another positive OPK this AM! My temp stayed low, so my O hasn't happened yet, but I expect it to today (or tomorrow at the latest.)
I think we timed BD perfectly - we will tonight too, of course. I cannot wait to see my temp rise!

Question though, I only got the positive opks using FMU.
The afternoon one (after the first +) was pretty negative. I could only do a 2.5 hr hold (I guess I pee a lot, I could barely hold that long!) and I didnt limit my water intake. I think it was negative b/c of that, but what do you think? Does it matter that I'm only getting the positive with FMU? I am going to hold as long as humanly possible and limit drinks starting at 12 today...I guess we'll see what happens, but my surge could be over by then, since that will be about 31 hrs from the first + OPK. Ugh, if it is, I will just keep using FMU and compare the darkness of the lines (oh, and FMU tests were negative on CD 12 & 13).

https://fertilityfriend.com/home/44b0de/

Yip I was so excited when my temp rose this morning! Fmu is fine as long as its positive! Think this was my problem this cycle with opk's... my wee was to diluted to pick up a positive. I do think you will likely O tonight and I hope you get it this time!!

Keep me updated x

Hi Wish4baby! How are you doing this cycle?

I'm having the weirdest cycle.. My temps have shot up this high for the first time ever in all of my cycles. I think FF might be wrong as to when I ovulated perhaps. Thinking I might actually be 9dpo and not 6dpo? What do you think?

I'm thinking maybe today's high temp was a fluke but I tempted normal time, with 3 hours sleep and no change in room temp, no alcohol... nothing different?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->