OPK Help!

KLa826

Reaction score
Hi ladies. Just started using a Clearblue Digital OPK this month as I got pregnant the first month using it with my daughter. I am working and cannot take the test during the day, so I was left with using FMU at 5:15am or after work around 4/5pm. I took the test on CD 8,9,10 around 4 (all low) then while doing some reading last night saw that with the CBDigital you really should use FMU. So without thinking, I tested with FMU today and got a blinky face. Just wondering if I should disregard that result and continue testing in the afternoon? I am wondering if the positive is just a result of switching times and higher LH levels showing in less diluted urine?
I appreciate any advice!!!

If it was me, I'd test in the afternoon and see if the face is still blinky or not. If it is, you know its not because of the concentration on urine.
I've never used the digi's though, so someone may be able to give better advice. :)

If it was me, I'd test in the afternoon and see if the face is still blinky or not. If it is, you know its not because of the concentration on urine.
I've never used the digi's though, so someone may be able to give better advice. :)

I'd agree with this. I didn't use the digi's though so don't even know if you can test twice in the same day with these?

I'd agree with this. I didn't use the digi's though so don't even know if you can test twice in the same day with these?

You can test more than once! It only restricts once you've gotten the solid smiley face- then you can't test again for 48hrs. Thanks!!

Ah. I knew I had heard something about not being able to retest. Lol

Hopefully you'll get another flashing smiley again to give you a better idea.

My problem is going to be not drinking water and holding it until I pick up my two year old at day care and get home! I am a teacher and I drink a lot of water throughout the day. I'll be croaking by the time we get to dismissal if I am trying not to drink too much and dilute myself. Lol!!!

Clearblue advanced detects 2 hormones, estradiol and LH. The reason they say to test in the morning is that's when you're more likely to detect the estradiol increasing, which is what gives the flashing smiley face. Once the LH starts to increase, that's when you get a solid smiley for 2 days.

LH might be more detectable later in the day...but for me it still worked with fmu since my pee is way more concentrated in the morning (I drink way too much water during the day to get positives later on). It's probably best to test at the same time every day, just once a day, since the holder has a memory and compares each new reading to the previous readings.

I had 3 days of flashing smiley before getting a solid. I've given up on those digis and just using wondfos now. Good luck!

I got a flashing smiley in the morning and a solid same day in the evening... Test again this evening x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->