OPK Help...

hopefulone17

Reaction score
here's a little back story I've been TTC for a year in the beginning i didn't ovulate every month but it has been pretty consistent here lately. on the months I did ovulate I always got my positive OPK on CD 15 EVERY SINGLE MONTH. so this month i was running out of OPK's and didn't have time to go get more so I did not test on CD 14 and today is CD 15 so I tested expecting to see a positive and it was negative. that being said the light was just slightly lighter than the control line. but i did not give me a smiley face. so i am wondering if I could have actually ovulated sooner on CD 14 this month (as yesterday my cervix was more open than usual) my cycles were generally longer 30-31 days but here lately they have shortened to 29 days so i am wondering if maybe it could have worked its way down to a 28 day cycle this month and i ovulated earlier

It's always possible to ovulate sooner or later -- the follicular phase varies, and only the luteal phase tends to remain constant.

It's always possible to ovulate sooner or later -- the follicular phase varies, and only the luteal phase tends to remain constant.

I forgot about having a mid cycle scan today. The good news is there is definitely an egg ready. The bad news is it’s CD 15 and it hasn’t released yet. So waiting to hear what to do from here. At least we didn’t miss it!

I wouldn't say that's bad news -- you just have more time to get in some good BD'ing! I ovulated several days late this month, myself. Seems like it's just been an odd month for a lot of women!

I ovulated a day later this month as well. Was supposed to be Sunday, but I had the pains yesterday instead. I’ve taken a relaxed approach this month. No OPKS as my other was going to be away for my whole fertile window. But thanks to late ovulation, we managed to BD a LOT on the day of ovulation. Fingers crossed xx

I ended up having to get the Ovidrel shot to make me ovulate so after today i am officially in the TWW if it doesn't happen this month we are going to a relaxed approach until the new year. I don't want to spend the holidays stressing about getting pregnant. that being said my doctor said at this point there's no reason i shouldn't be pregnant and is wanting to look into diagnostic surgery

Yikes, surgery seems like a drastic step! Has he done blood tests, etc., on you yet?

we've done everything except HSG but this surgery basically looks for the same thing but is covered by my insurance where the HSG wouldn't and if they get in there and find any Endometriosis they can burn it right there, its not ideal and i'm just hoping it happens before we have to make the decision for surgery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"