OPK in my tww Help!

Aimeesmommy

Reaction score
Hello! Ok here's the back story- I had my daughter 2 years ago and with her I ovulated and BD'd on CD 20 and got pregnant (after a year of trying) then a year later BD'd and conceived on CD 16 (got pregnant then led to a miscarriage). It was so devastating for me emotionally I went back on the pill- it's been 6 months since then. I went to pick up my BC pills on CD5 as I usually do right as my period is ending but they gave me the wrong pill that was $50 more expensive- there excuse is that they were out of stock on my brand so I decided I'd wait the week to get it in. I avoided sex in the meantime then when the pharmacist gave me the pills I asked if it worked right away and she said "if taken from day 1, it's 99% effective". I realize now I misinterpreted that as "it is 99% effective the first day you take it" but she was probably saying if you take it on "CYCLE DAY ONE" it is 99% effective. So I took my pills starting on CD 12, BD'd on CD 13 and then started taking OPKs to be sure I didn't ovulate but I think maybe I did? Can anyone interpret these strips? If sperm can live for 5 days then it's possible if I ovulated yesterday or today, right?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 11
The latest one was 7am today- it's fresh lol I think the moisture leaked into the one next to it as well

Thanks! Do you think I should keep testing since they are getting darker or would it be too late for the swimmers by now?

Thanks! Do you think I should keep testing since they are getting darker or would it be too late for the swimmers by now?

I would personally keep testing just so you know when you ovulated, but generally the longest sperm live is 5 days. If you keep testing you will also know if you missed your surge or not, it still could have happened already. Good luck!

Thanks guys! I was unsure if they were positive or not until just now- got a big ol dark line that's unmistakable! This makes it 4.5 days from BDing so I guess there's a slim chance at this point but enough of a chance for me to stress out until AF shows up! But I'm wondering that since I started back on the pill, would stopping it and having a period essentially flush the egg out since it causes the lining to slough off?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->