OPK is positive but husband is out of town

worrygirl

Reaction score
Hi All! I was wondering if there is still a chance we can get pregnant this month, even if my husband is out of town on the day I ovulated. We had sex 6 days prior to him leaving and of course last night (after he left) I had a positive reading on the OPK test and also a positive this morning. Is there still a chance? He won't be home until late Wednesday night.

Hi All! I was wondering if there is still a chance we can get pregnant this month, even if my husband is out of town on the day I ovulated. We had sex 6 days prior to him leaving and of course last night (after he left) I had a positive reading on the OPK test and also a positive this morning. Is there still a chance? He won't be home until late Wednesday night.

I'm slightly unclear on your timeline, but if it's 5 days after you bd'd there is a slight possibility...there are reports that say sperm can live for 5 days after bd'ing... https://www.babymed.com/info/sperm-life

BUT you are getting + this a.m. which means you likely have not even O'd yet...and now you're on 7 days post BD correct? So I would say, it's not possible if you O at 7 or 8 days post your last BD. At least that's what I've read though numerous articles & pregnancy books...sorry.

Here's another article/Q&A related:

https://americanpregnancy.org/gettingpregnant/ovulationfaq.htm

During my ovulation time, how many days am I really fertile?

During the time of ovulation, an egg is available to be fertilized for only about 12-24 hours. But since sperm can live in the body for 3-5 days and then the egg is available for one day, your most fertile time is considered to be about 5-7 days.

Thanks for the information. After I re-read my post, I realized it wasn't clear. I currently am 16 days out (Sorry not real clear on all the abbreviations yet). We had sex everyday for 6 days (more then once a day on numerous occasions) b/c we knew he would be leaving around the time of ovulation. Last night I got my first positive reading and still positive this morning. I'm hoping now that the information is a little more clearer, our chances are a little higher.

We lost a baby girl almost 6 months ago to Trisomy 18. It's been a tough roller coaster and am hoping we find light soon.

alright...still don't know if it's real clear......had sex on the 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 (twice that day), and 14th of this month....positive OPK test last night and still this a.m.

alright...still don't know if it's real clear......had sex on the 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 (twice that day), and 14th of this month....positive OPK test last night and still this a.m.

Oh that's way more clear!! Haha, yes you can DEFINITELY get pregnant this month with those dates as sperm can live up to 5 days in the body...so the best dates, the 11th, 12th, 13th & 14th, should all help if you ovulate today [likely as you've been getting a + opk since last night] or tomorrow.

I'm sorry for your loss & sending you lots of :hug: and :dust: xo

I get it! You haD sex for six days prior to him leaving, not sex on the sixth day prior to him leaving.... haha took me a minute, sorry haha

I think YEAH you definitely can!

GOOD LUCK!!

yes your still in with a chance hun. Good luck and sorry for your loss :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back