OPK Newbie. Advice?

PatriNina

Reaction score
Hello ladies <3

I need some advice from some OPK experienced users. Me and my husband have been trying to conceive for 5-6 months now, and recently I joined this forum and I've done some serious reading :haha:

I just ordered OPK tests (in bulk) from eBay to start testing, so we can time :sex: better. Not that we'll focus just on that. I know it's important to have fun as well. Just anything to get us that :bfp: sooner.

I got a fertility chart with my order and as I have a 28day cycle, I should start testing on CD11

Here are my questions:
What time of the day is best for testing?
Are faint lines positives too? Or do I count only dark lines as positives?
Do I stop testing after getting my darkest line?
I understood that after a dark positive, ovulation will happen in 24-36 hours. Is that true?

As you can see, I'm a total newbie. Extra advice is really appreciated :hugs:

Hi hun you got it right :) dont test with fmu. They say afternoon to early evening is best! Only count them as positives if the test line is DARKER or AS DARK AS the control line. Its negative if it is lighter. Throughout our cycles we always have LH but it increases right before the egg is released. So you will get your surge of LH (dark positive OPK) i think its 12-36 hours before the egg is release then the egg lives for 24 hours. You can google it, theres tonnes of info online! I found Fertility Friend a good website for info, and you cab also sign up/get the app to track your results too. I would recommend temping also!.. I usually test a few days after the darkest line to make sure the surge has been and gone. I would also be tempted to test a bit earlier than CD11 for your first month, just incase you O early. Let us know how you get on!! Good luck xx

Thanks for being so helpful! <3 I'll give it a try once my OPK tests get delivered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->