opk newbie need help :(

shezzy03

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

This is my first month using opk. Im using the amazon cheapies but heard good reviews.
Im on CD14. My cycles are 29 days long. Ive been using opks since CD 7 to get the hang of them and see when I do ovulate (2nd month TT )
On CD11 I had EWCM but a negative opk. Today my opk is confusing me. All the ones before have been super super faint but now its very nearly as dark as the control line. Does that mean I'm close to ovulating or did I ovulate when I had EWCM??

Any opinions are more than welcome. I feel like this month is dragging by, hoping the 2WW goes by quickly

I found the ovulation strips tricky too. It would say I'm ovulating after the EGCM so after months of them (they're pricey huh!) I started charting and that was the month we conceived- I was ovulating on day 12, not 14 like I thought. So I would assume you're most fertile during the EGCM days. Met also DTD less often that month?! Best of luck for this month!

Thank you for your reply. Hoping I did ovulate earlier, OH is away the next few days :(. Cant wait till I can test, I'm very impatient and hate all this waiting around haha

Oh that's good! That your got busier earlier! Fingers crossed for you! Is it your first?

Its our first time trying. Had 2 miscarriages (2 and 4 years ago) but they we unplanned. Hoping everything goes smoothly this time :)

I would guess you are ovulating now, ewcm usually occurs a few days before! Good luck!

I'm theory, Ewcm can show up a few days before ovulation. I've been known to have it a week before I ovulate.
Also, a positive or near positive opk doesn't mean you are ovulating now. It means you will ovulate within 12-48 hours of the positive opk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->