OPK/Ovulation/Chart Help!

brightlywound

Expecting #4!
Reaction score
So, I got a super dark OPK night before last that I'm still not sure was positive or not, then I got two blazingly positive OPKs yesterday & I have gotten one strong positive today..

But, I'm a little confused because I had a pretty huge temp spike today, which makes me think I possibly ovulated yesterday...

But I woke up about 2hrs later than normal & did not have a good nights sleep. Although I did take my temp after 3-4hrs of sleep. I'm not sure if I should "adjust" my temp or not!

Just confused seeing as I have to start my progesterone supplements 48hrs after ovulation. I'm worried that I won't know what day I actually O'd!

Anyone have any insight?

Dont see todays temp yet but if its as hihh or higher than yest- start your progesterone! Lools to me like you o Tuesday

I think you O'd CD 18. Personally I do not adjust my temps. so I would not recommend someone to do something that I do not. Just make a note of it on your chart to keep it in mind. And think about it this way, if you woke up 2 hours later and your temp. was still that low than imagine if you would have woke up at normal time your temp. would most likely be even lower as your temp. increases the longer you sleep. so that fact that it was still low and spiked the next day I believe you ovulated CD 18.

And as a bit of advice I see you are estrogen dominant especially telling by your long period length so just as a kind suggestion maybe you would like to take a hormone balancing supplement such as dong quai, vitex, angus cactus, black chohash, etc. or a blend of many different herbs such as found in tinctures or things like fertility blend. This will not only curb your estrogen dominance but balance out all your hormones to allow them to rise and fall as needed naturally.

The great thing about them as we'll is that you can take them all throughout your cycle except when on your period. Especially taking vitex during your follicular and luteal phase will strengthen O to produce a more quality egg and boost progesterone. But if u become pregnant on vitex they suggest that u take it through the first trimester because if I stop too soon it can cause a big drop in progesterone and cause miscarriage. Also keep in mind that these things are natural and might take longer to work than prescription drugs so they should be taken at least for 3 to 6 cycles.

I literally just wrote a college thesis so I'm gonna stop now but I wish u well and the best of luck. Hope that helped :flower:

Wow, thank you so much for your long, awesome reply, ALiKO!

I am estrogen dominant-- my OB recently put me on Progesterone supplements starting 2 days after ovulation (I started it at 3DPO this cycle though) to help lengthen my luteal phase to (hopefully) allow implantation & improve the health of my uterine lining.

I have tried Vitex in the past, but I had really bad luck with it. So I take Maca Root now which I personally believe has helped balance my hormones a LOT! I also take vitamin c, vitamin d, folic acid, b12 & b6!

I did get my crosshairs this morning, so it looks like CD18 was the day!

I'm feeling cautiously hopeful for this cycle. <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"