Opk positive when pregnant?

ArtIsLife

Reaction score
I just learned that opks can be positive if you are pregnant, has anyone used an opk, got a positive and learned right after that, that you are pregnant?

I've heard of it, but I know it's very unreliable. You can also continue to have LH surges in the 2WW, whether you're pregnant or not, and the OPK would pick up on this

I have - twice it happened- first time was an unintentional fluke on my part I was just wondering why my boobs hurt so bad and so close to AF - so i took one to see if i OV and it was POS- i had just came off BC pills that month and so thats why i was questioning if I had my dates wrong when i tool the test- I called the help desk and they told me that I should take a HPT- and it was pos. I wasnt ttc either- I just actually missed my GYN appt for BC refill - go figure- she's 7 now lol

This past pregnancy I was so worried that I was going to have another chemical that I POAS constantly. Well I ran out of pregnancy tests so I used my OPKs and they were all crazy dark positive (but that was already after I knew I was pregnant..ended up losing that one as well though)

I have - twice it happened- first time was an unintentional fluke on my part I was just wondering why my boobs hurt so bad and so close to AF - so i took one to see if i OV and it was POS- i had just came off BC pills that month and so thats why i was questioning if I had my dates wrong when i tool the test- I called the help desk and they told me that I should take a HPT- and it was pos. I wasnt ttc either- I just actually missed my GYN appt for BC refill - go figure- she's 7 now lol

Sorry I'm wrong what made me take an opk was that I just came off the pill n my boobs were sore for almost a month. So I was like why are they still sore n suspected I ovulated late or twice or is it coming off bcp doing this???? But I was actually pregnant. I would have never suspected I was pregnant until I took the opk I was clueless. I must have gotten pregnant as soon as I took my last pill lol I wish I could remember more but that was 8 years ago.

Hello..

This happened to me when I found out I was pregnant in December. I had ordered about 30 opk's in the post to check when I would be ovulating to try and work out when I would be expecting AF, not to see when I should try and get pregnant. It was only a few days before AF should have been here, so I took one just for the fun of it and was surprised at how dark it was. I did the same for a few days, and they kept getting darker. So that was the first pointer that I thought 'Oh crap' took a htp and sure enough I was pregnant!

This is the progression over about 2 weeks. Sadly that pregnancy ended.

Ov.png

And this is the progression of this pregnancy, before I ran out of tests! :haha:

opk.png

Hello..

This happened to me when I found out I was pregnant in December. I had ordered about 30 opk's in the post to check when I would be ovulating to try and work out when I would be expecting AF, not to see when I should try and get pregnant. It was only a few days before AF should have been here, so I took one just for the fun of it and was surprised at how dark it was. I did the same for a few days, and they kept getting darker. So that was the first pointer that I thought 'Oh crap' took a htp and sure enough I was pregnant!

View attachment 581125

And this is the progression of this pregnancy, before I ran out of tests! :haha:

View attachment 581127

Hey Emma93

Did you take an HPT before the OPK hinted to being pregnant? Just curious-which came first for you..
My opks have been pos for 9 days now with off and on darker than control lines but always same color and yesterday they were darker than they ever and today they were almost purple way darker than yesterday- took $store brand and cvs test strip. Both same result. I took an HPT last night for $store and neg- Im going crazy- I started to buy an EPT but i said let me just go to the $store.
I remember (besides the pregnancy I ref above in the other post)- that the OPK was pos and I was like oh Im pregnant and I never took an HPT but I lost that pregnancy at 8wks- I never tried the OPK thing again. I hear that HPT will be pos before OPK- not sure how true That part is- thats whay i ask what you experience was :)

Hello..

View attachment 581125

View attachment 581127

Hey Emma93

Did you take an HPT before the OPK hinted to being pregnant? Just curious-which came first for you..
My opks have been pos for 9 days now with off and on darker than control lines but always same color and yesterday they were darker than they ever and today they were almost purple way darker than yesterday- took $store brand and cvs test strip. Both same result. I took an HPT last night for $store and neg- Im going crazy- I started to buy an EPT but i said let me just go to the $store.
I remember (besides the pregnancy I ref above in the other post)- that the OPK was pos and I was like oh Im pregnant and I never took an HPT but I lost that pregnancy at 8wks- I never tried the OPK thing again. I hear that HPT will be pos before OPK- not sure how true That part is- thats whay i ask what you experience was :)

With the first pregnancy it was getting positive OPK's that made me wonder if I was pregnant, then took the HPT a few days after.
Then with this pregnancy, I had gotten a positive internet cheapie test on the same day I should have ovulated. Which I thought was weird.. This is the link to the thread, have a peek.. It shows some of the OPK's at different times.

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...-mc-14-days-after-period-update-page-7-a.html

But after I got my positive OPK for this month, they went back to negative for only around 3 days, then got positive again. But the tests from above are only after I found out I was preg, I'm not sure what I've done with the others :haha:

I had the same sort of problem, I was getting + then - then + again, and it was at what I THINK was 9ish dpo I got a + on a FRER.. It must be so frustrating for you! =(

Hello..

View attachment 581125

View attachment 581127

Hey Emma93

With the first pregnancy it was getting positive OPK's that made me wonder if I was pregnant, then took the HPT a few days after.
Then with this pregnancy, I had gotten a positive internet cheapie test on the same day I should have ovulated. Which I thought was weird.. This is the link to the thread, have a peek.. It shows some of the OPK's at different times.

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...-mc-14-days-after-period-update-page-7-a.html

But after I got my positive OPK for this month, they went back to negative for only around 3 days, then got positive again. But the tests from above are only after I found out I was preg, I'm not sure what I've done with the others :haha:

I had the same sort of problem, I was getting + then - then + again, and it was at what I THINK was 9ish dpo I got a + on a FRER.. It must be so frustrating for you! =(

UUGh yes it is fustrating! LOL - Geesh - I just took another $store cheapie and BFN - of course- I really dont know when I OV'd at all looking at my chart I have had like 2-3 dips already and another very low one today- All I know is I started cramping yesterday- I dont want to be symptom spotting because its way to early for that- Just took another OPK and Like Purple red lol - WHHHHYYYY!!!! LOL I cant even tell if im in a 2ww

Attachments

• photochart.jpg
    photochart.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 11
Hello..

View attachment 581125

View attachment 581127

Hey Emma93

WOW!!!!!!! I just read your post that is the craziest journey!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU!!!!!! I feel like the same thing is happening to me- so u actually kept showing lines on OPK and POs on OPK and then negative and then went back to having lines on OPK and BFP then BFN but still POS OPK's and then BAM! BFP!!!! That makes me feel good that I'm not alone in this- Either way- Im happy im not crazy! Because I swear thats how i was feeling that nobody would be able to understand!!! XOXOXOX:hugs: COngrats again to you- your story is amazing!

HI! did you use fmu for your morning opks when checking for pregnancy?

These have been my tests for the last 4 days? Each one is positive. How long do you normally ovulate for? Xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 26

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member