OPK Question... Help!

Barbieann1123

Reaction score
So ladies I took a opk today and I'm confused. I have some IC dip strips left over from last month and this month I decided to try clear blue digital with the smiley face. Today I usd both in the same urine. I got a little line on the IC but not a possitive, but I got a smiley face on the digital. Idk what to think. Anyone have any thoughts??

OPKs are tricky. OPKs tell you when your LH (lutenizing hormone) has begun to be secreted. Some tests are more sensitive than others, some require higher levels before reading positive. You can test positive for LH for a few days and then not ovulate till a day after the last positive. Or you could test positive and ovulate within hours. As well as anytime between! Or you could test positive and not ovulate at all. Or you could test positive and then have another LH surge down the road and ovulate then instead.

Bottom line is OPKs take some getting to know your own body and some interpretation.

When I use OPKs, I use inexpensive bulk Wondfos so I can take several a day once I get a positive and keep testing till the day after the positive goes away. Then I also watch for a temp jump on my chart to confirm ovulation.

Gooood luck! At the very list try to BD two or three times over the next three or four days (providing your other half has normal sperm).

Thanks for your reply. I was using some IC but they seems harder to read so that's why I thought taking the digital would be better. Im on cd18now and still only had the one positive from yesterday. Nothing the day before and nothing after or today. And my temp really didn't change this morning like I would have hoped if I ovulated. So idk what to think other than maybe I'm not going to ovulate this month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->