OPK question- waiting the whole 5 minutes?

bky

:(
Reaction score
Just wondering for those that are using OPKs...do you have to wait the whole 5 minutes to see the test line or does it pop pretty soon if there is going to be a line? The control line comes right up, should I assume the test line will be the same If/when I do ovulate (or have any kind of hormonal activity at all...:coffee:)
I'm trying to ovulate (Breastfeeding) but am getting a bunch of complete negatives on my OPKs. :( However, I've fished some of my old ones out of the trash and can see a faint to middling lines on some of those...There was no line or just very faint (like squinting faint) when I tested, but I didn't wait the whole 5 minutes. Would that have made a difference or does control line present mean the test is about as done as it's going to get?
I know they aren't positive, but if I get any kind of line I'm going to test every day instead of every other day.

I wait. Sometimes the control line pops up dark right away and the test line is faint, but after a few minutes it gets darker.

I use ICs and find that with the HPTs it can take up to ten minutes for the test line to come in, even though the control line is there right away.

Good luck to you!

they usually come up fairly fast , as long as the line is as dark as or darker than the control line its a pos x

When it's positive, I find that you can see the test line pretty quickly, but it usually takes a couple of minutes to darken fully. When it's negative I find that it can seem like there's hardly any test line, but then it will darken more after several minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->